Dentists...ugh

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by DammitJanet, Mar 25, 2008.

1. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Think of me tomorrow about 2 pm. I have awful teeth due to some of the medications I have had to take for so long. I have already had a couple of teeth pulled a few years ago. I woke up yesterday with a really bad toothache but when I tried to call the dentist they were closed for the holiday. I have been in agony since very early monday morning. I was up almost all night taking 2 lorcets every 3 hours plus using numbing gel and hot/ice packs.

I finally got in with the dentist and they will see me tomorrow. Im expecting at least two teeth pulled if not more.

I live with pain daily but this is just excruciating! I normally can get by with just one pain pill a day if that...never have I had to take this many except with surgery.

I guess its good that I had a good supply. At least I know once the worst of the pulling is over things will get better but oh how I hate to get teeth pulled!

2. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

Sending prayers and understanding hugs your way!

I am tough as nails when it comes to doctors, needles, blood and gore. But I hate the dentist. I need gas and topical numbing medicine just so they can give me a shot of novacaine! And the sound of the drill...don't even get me started. Worse then nails on a chalkboard.

I will be holding your cyber hand!

3. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

I am a weirdo when it comes to the dentist... I don't mind them!!! I have had 10 root canals due to my grinding of the teeth!!!
    But I feel for you... for me it is the cost. I liked going to the dentist because that meant the pain would soon be gone!!! But then I had to figure out how to pay!!!

I just went last week... I have to get 3 teeth replaced with new caps, the old ones are failing...
    I hope you have coverage of some kind!!! I hope the pain is gone soon...and they don't have to pry your mouth open for too long...

4. 4sumrzn

4sumrzn New Member

Oh my....the Dentist, I'm not a big fan of the place (the Dentist is a hottie, but don't really get to see him.lol.). I'm on board with totoro....mine is more of a financial thing. I just had to cancel my wisdom teeth removal, really can't swallow the $1100 cash it was going to cost. So, putting it off for the 18th year.:sweating: I suppose I'm happier that I'm not sitting here in pain from them being pulled & my wisdom teeth only bother me every once in awhile. NOW, if I was in pain like you....suppose I would be on my way to take out a loan! Good luck tomorrow & I bet you will be feeling much better once it's all over with!

5. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

I'll be holding good thoughts and sending good vibes to you tomorrow.

I loath the dentist, have an outragious fear of them.

And I have an extremely high tolerance to pain, except when it comes to my mouth. So I feel for ya.

(((hugs)))

6. house of cards

house of cards New Member

Thinking of you and sending calming, peaceful thoughts as you sit in that chair. Hope you feel quick relief and speedy healing.