Depressed difficult child

flutterby

Fly away!
I'd rather have raging difficult child.

The almost non-stop, inconsolable crying is heartbreaking.

I hate mental illness.

LittleDudesMom

Heather,

I was so hoping that the ending of the school year would really help difficult child's anxiety issues and the summer would be a refueling time. What does her psychiatrist think about this unresponsiveness to her medication? As difficult as it is for you, her mother to watch, it's not really living for her.

Hugs,
Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm sorry for her pain and yours. I hate mental illness too.
I'm with you when they flip from rage and opposition to submissive and depressed, you just feel your heart drop.

P

PatriotsGirl

I will trade with you - I would rather have the crying at this point. Mine has been raging non stop for the past few days. Last night she started crying and I knew she was only doing it to stir up some drama and attention so I ignored it. Sure enough it stopped a minute later.
Is she is on new medications?

flutterby

Fly away!
She's not up to therapeutic dose yet on her medications.

She's been out of her comfort zone - far out of her comfort zone - quite a bit and I'm just realizing how "down to basics" we need to get. She compensates quite well when she is inside her comfort zone.

On a good note, I saw therapist (psychologist) today who is going to do some "learning" (I so can't find my words lately) on NonVerbal Learning Disorder (NVLD). When I look at things through that lens with difficult child, things really click.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry. Have you reported this to psychiatrist yet? Maybe the medications need to be increased a bit faster or changed to something that works a bit faster.

{{{{{hugs}}}}} for both of you