Depression Help For Young Man??

DDD

There is a family in town with two sons in their early twenties. Both have a history of drug use and the older son is a hemophiliac (sp?) with other
health issues also. The single Mom appears to have pretty well lost her ability to cope...one boy in jail and the other on house arrest. I feel badly
for her but don't have a connection.

I am posting in hopes that some of you will know of a site that I can mail to the older boy where he might be able to vent his depression and anger
anonymously. Last week he "tried to kill himself" by swallowing an entire
bottle of otc medication that he is allergic to. He is "cracking up" from the isolation and threat of prison if he is discovered off the property. on the other hand, he has left the property on a number of occasions when people came by and offered a ride somewhere.

It's really a sad situation and I just thought maybe if he had a web site
he could turn to, it might save him or at least ease his pain. Any ideas? DDD

smallworld

DDD, the site Love the sunshine cited was the one I was going to suggest. I hope this young man finds comfort in sharing with others in a similar situation. You are kind to try to help him.

DDD

Thanks you all. I am always amazed by how much information and support is available on our CD Board. I mailed an anonymous note of support with the sites as suggested resources. It seems a little bit melodramatic not identifying myself BUT it would trigger discomfort I think as he has no idea that I know what's going on.

Anyway, an anonymous helping hand is better than no helping hand!
I appreciate the guidance you guys gave me. Hugs. DDD