Desperate For Help

mobetsy

Our 10 y.o. ds took beCalm'd for about 9 mos for ADHD-Inattentive type. I will admit that I was very skeptical, but I decided to give it a go. At first, and each time we increased the dosage, we saw sort of a backlash; he'd be very out of control, sensitive, and angry. After a week or so, things would smooth out. We saw a difference in his listening/responsiveness, his ability to tolerate tedious tasks (=homework!), and fewer total meltddowns. For a variety of reasons, we've decided to try Rx medications, so we slowly took him off the beCalm'd; he isn't taking anything now, and if we had any doubts before about whether beCalm'd had an effect, we don't now...he is in bad shape, and we are too :-( Doesn't work for everyone--I think the figure the maker gives is about 60%--but it is well worth a try. The hardest thing for us was meshing it with the directions to take at least 15-30 minutes before a meal or 2 hours after.

by the way, there is another product with a very similar spelling, but which is herbally-based; that is not the one we used. We discussed it with several doctors, and all agreed that there was absolutely no harm in trying. I hope it helps your son!