Desperation knows no bounds when a child thinks he's unfairly punished ...

TerryJ2

I forgot to tell you all this earlier in the week. difficult child picked up the phone the other night to call child protective svcs because we took away his PSP because he is 5 assignments behind in Spanish, 2 assignments behind in Soc Studies, flunked a math quiz, and then called me a #*@&%&&@*. We told him to go ahead and call. :)

:crazy2:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:rofl: I've had Onyxx threaten this!!! And the police, too, once when she slugged my Dad. He dialed for her. Bluff called...

StressedM0mma

When I was a kid I threatened to call CPS on my mom for something (can't even remember now.) And she told me that when they talked to me to tell them to take my brother too when they came to pick me up. She said it with such a dead serious look on her face that I never made that threat again.

buddy

LOL,..............been there done that, At the end of summer, Q had one nasty day.... he started throwing things and I had to restrain him. He tried to head butt me, swiveled around and his face hit the back of my rt. arm. His nose (which had had huge nose bleeds every few days for the previous couple of weeks due to a sinus thing....) started to bleed. I gave him a plastic bag because it was getting on the carpet. He kept saying I was going to go to jail and he was going to save the bag of blood to show them how mean I was.... I too said to go ahead. He told a friend what happened (and I heard) and the friend said, well did she punch you? And he said, yeah, thats what I am going to say now...she punched me, ( lol! ) He laughed at him and said that is not your mom's fault. AND if I talked like that to my mom she WOULD punch me. Gotta love peer pressure when it works for you.

cubsgirl

My difficult child threatened this a few months ago.

My response "That's nice dear - now let me look up the number for you"

:rofl:

TerryJ2

Yeah, I figured I'd get lots of misery-loves-company responses. Some day, when he's 40, I'll tell him this story. :)

N

Nomad

Our son did this once during his one CRAZY year in high school. (He is easy child now...thank the Lord!)
Anyway, the police came to the house. After I told them what REALLY happened (similar to your story), they threated to take him to jail and gave him details of what might happen to a handsome young man while in there. He almost fainted....never mentioned it again and never threatened us in any, way, shape or form again.

TerryJ2

Wow! Good job.
That hasn't worked with-our difficult child ... although we haven't done it exactly the way you described. I suspect we'll have another chance. ;)

KTMom91

Miss KT asked me once what I would do if she hit me...I told her I'd break her arm then call CPS on myself. That was the last time we had THAT conversation...

mazdamama

Recently I had a family friend working on my outside AC unit. Someone that knows how my boys can be, He and Daniel were fooling around and Daniel wound up hitting the guy in the glasses. This guy called him a FILTHY name....grrr... and I went out there to see what was going on. While I was talking to the guy about what had happened and how filthy names were a no-no at my home Daniel had gone in and called 911 on the guy, Officers arrived...got the story from all of us and boy did Daniel get a lecture from them on wasting their time.