Devastated

Marguerite

Shamrock, this sounds like a careful, considered decision with all issues being carefully weighed. Good on you all for trying to work together.

Have you introduced DF/H to this website? Because ANYTHING we can do to help him cope as well, could give the whole process the best chance of success, as well as provide both of you with the support you need to get through this.

That way he's getting information directly, and not having it filtered through you. It means that when you discuss how things are going, it will give you both an added perspective which deepens communication even further.

Hang in there, I hope the girl does make some good progress.

Marg

shamrock1269

I didn't introduce him to the website...difficult child broke the home computer! I have told him and continue to tell him bits and pieces of what I've learned about Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD). He is still processing all of his new responsibilities, and I'm trying not to dump too much info on him at once. He's kind of at the stage where he's still thinking "What did I do wrong?" His logical and sane side understands that his ex wife was the catalyst, but his heart wants to make sure that he didn't do it, and won't do it again.

Timer Lady...thanks so much for the validation....I wonder if there would be a way to speak to you a bit more in-depth, so I can have a better understanding of where we're heading.

FYI...New doctor put her on 100 mg Seroquel...started Friday. So far haven't noticed any change whatsoever.

B

butterflydreams

Shamrock,

My heart goes out to you. I know nothing about Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD), all I know is that your heart must really hurt right now. I know for me, my difficult child likes but doesn't like my boyfriend. He is afraid of my boyfriend taking the place of his father (who is deceased). I understand this. difficult child likes him but doesn't want a part of him living with us/and or us getting married. I know this and I would never do that knowing how he feels. Someday maybe, meantime, boyfriend and I continue to date giving difficult child the space he needs.

HUGS to you,

Christy