Developer Recreates Autisitic Experience in Video Game

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Travis wanted to show me this when I got up this morning. He thought it was pretty accurate.......not completely for him, but in a broad sense. A rather cool way for people to experience what an autistic person experiences in the world around them. First link is the link to the article with a youtube video giving you a glimpse at the game. The 2nd link is to the game itself. Travis helped me link it into the post so those who would like to try it can do so.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugge...RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANibG9nBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

http://gamejolt.com/games/strategy-sim/auti-sim/12761/

BusynMember

God help me! I hope it isn't this horrible for my precious son. He seems more able to navigate the world than he was as a toddler. I wonder if things are still loud and confusing to him. I'm going to have him watch it and tell me if this is how things are for him.

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
That's cool. It will really give NTs a better look at how Aspies and autistics experience things to some degree.

InsaneCdn

I wish there were a way to set bookmarks internal to this forum... 'cause I'll come looking for this in a few months and won't be able to find it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
IC if you have an email account........why don't you go to the link you're hoping to save, copy/paste in in a message to yourself and save it in a folder in your email? This is an old trick I used when the kids were teens and needed to occasionally use the computer. I couldn't always just bookmark a site. Know what I mean??

BusynMember

I wonder if that's just the worst kind of autism. I let my son see it and he said, "Well, it's like that...and it's not." He couldn't explain it. I reminded him of when he was little and covered his ears all the time and he said, "Yeah, but I can stand noise better now."

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
MWM I think it's going to be somewhat different for each child as they are unique despite their diagnosis. Age also might change it too. Travis said the same thing. It was close but not quite. I suppose simulation can only do so much.

L

Liahona

I wish there were a way to get inside the thinking of all our kids dxs. It would make parenting better, not easier, but more effective. I'm going to have more patience with difficult child 2 when he is being hypersensitive.

JJJ

Tigger explained it once as being like that but said when he was younger, he didn't know how to block out any of it so all sensory input came at him at 100% (volume/brightness/smell/etc). Now "I know what stuff to block out so I can deal with it all better."