Did everyone survive New Year's Eve?

meowbunny

Marie didn't get off work until 11:40, so there wasn't much time to prep when she walked in the door. We did manage to spread some food on my bed and turn on Dick Clark's NYE. Toasted each other with soda at midnight. Gave her a kiss and bumped my nose on her forehead. Perfect start of a new year -- doing a clown routine. :rofl:

by the way -- Was anyone else as freaked out listening to Dick Clark speak? Has he had a stroke? He just sounded so awful to me. It made me sad to hear it.

happymomof2

Didn't see Dick Clark last night, but we did have an enjoyable evening. All kids - even difficult child behaved. Did have to hunt for him and neighbor girl a few times :nonono: . But all in all it was nice.

goldenguru

Ha. I was asleep by 10:00 pm. How pathetic is that? :sleeping:

On a positive note, I don't have a hangover and I'm well rested to start 2008. LOL. :happy_new_year:

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I was in bed by 9:30 with a supply of snacks munching away watching the Twilight Zone Marathon

easy child called at midnight to wish me a Happy New Year. difficult child said he probably wouldn't remember to call as he is housesitting and was having a girlfriend over so they could start out the New Year practicing making babies - but if he didn't call, I was to call him. (I should have called him every 15 minutes)

Sometimes his sense of humor is over the top. That was too much information for me to start the New Year with

Marcie

We survived and it was the best New Year's Eve in recent memory! husband and I both managed to stay awake until midnight (trust me, that's a huge miracle!). We didn't do our usual firework routine, but some of our neighbors generously stepped in and put on quite a show. We were surrounded by those that we love, and that's all that really matters to us now - as we all are grieving the loss of our neighbor.

by the way meowbunny, I didn't hear Dick Clark speak - but I am surprised that he could. He had a very serious stroke several years ago. I was a little spooked to see a young Dick Clark "look alike" on the countdown show. It seemed somewhat strange to me...

witzend

We went with our friends to the Elk's Lodge to listen to a band. It was kind of a hoot. We never do anything New Years, so that was different. We were younger than most anyone there by 30 years or more and we're starting to get our AARP goodies in the mail already! LOL!

The old folks didn't like the music, which was mostly "Tennessee Waltz" type stuff. They got their hackles up when they played ZZTops "Sharp Dressed Man".

Two drinks and I'm sitting here with a hangover... Oh, well. Maybe I just partied myself out when I was young!

mstang67chic

Going Green
We went to friend's house and had a good time. difficult child was fine there although was very whiny all day before we left.

As for Dick Clark, I thought he actually sounded better this year than he did last year. Yes, for those of us that still think of him as forever young and immortal, he isn't at all the same. But as for his speech recovery since his stroke....much improvement. I didn't see the look-a-like but it does sound a bit creepy.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Marcie - ME TOO!!!!! I missed the alternative ending to The pool game with Jack Klugman and Johnathan Winters - argh.

I fell asleep and woke up 2 minutes to midnight - found Dick Clark and NOW all will be good again for 2008 - and I am SOOOo glad I don't work for NYC paper clean up crew.....WOW!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!! :happy_new_year:

Wiped Out

Staff member
We always watch the Twilight Zone Marathon on New Year's Eve! I saw part of the pool game one. There was an alternative ending? I saw one ending.

I spent the. entire. day. playing the Littlest Pet Shop with Tink. I got to be the owl, the wolf, and the kitty.

I made Tink's favorite dinner (or supper) and we discussed whether it is called spaghetti sauce or gravy.

For dessert we had a Carvelle ice cream roll. MAN was that good.

At 7:15 her eyes were getting all red and tired looking so I poured us each a glass of sparkling cider. She was asleep by 8.

I think I managed to stay up just till midnight.

Mazeltov.

KFld

I went to a local restaraunt, actually right down the street from where I live, with 9 other people. Same crowd I always spend New Years eve with, just without s2bx :smile:

It was great. We had dinner, a d.j. and lots of fun. Danced all night and had a ball!!!

My sister inlaw made me cry because at 2 seconds to midnight we were all on the dance floor and them all being couples I thought I was going to be standing there very awkwardly at the stroke of midnight, but nope, my sister inlaw pulled me right over to her and her and my brother inlaw made sure I was right in the middle of there New Years hugs and celebration. She made sure to tell me that this year is going to be so much better for me then the last!!

K

Kjs

It was only husband and myself at home. easy child had to work, difficult child stayed with a friend. difficult child called at midnight to wish happy new year. easy child sent a txt. And I...this is a shocker. I got a kiss. Been so long I forgot what to do. Then we both ran outside and tried to light off a firework thing but neither one of us could get the stupid thing lit.

easy child 1's bff spent the night at our place. The girls stayed up 'til 2 a.m. We thought they'd pass out by 10 or 11, but it was go go go. They usually fight like siblings but not this time.

Bff's mom did not come get her until 3 p.m. on the 1st! She and her husband are getting divorced. They fought constantly until they decided to get the divorce and he moved out. That rekindled the romance, and now they are dating hot and heavy. It's nice that they get along so well now (and aren't each trying to get us on "their side"), odd way to reconcile though. Anyway, they did New Year's at his new place and slept in, so to speak.

easy child 2 and his wife and their best friends went to a hotel in Tulsa for NYE room package. Seems the band forgot to keep track of the time... at 2 or 3 past midnight, after finishing a song, they suddenly shouted out "3-2-1-Happy New Year!". Caught most of the guests by surprise.

trinityroyal

We had our annual New Year's Eve gathering at our house. Just family and close friends who don't get too upset by difficult child's GFGness. He was home from the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) for Christmas, so it was a great opportunity for the extended family to see him, since visiting at Residential Treatment Center (RTC) is severely limited.

This year, we pushed all the furniture up against the walls and danced like fools. I programmed my computer with a 6 hour play-list of music so that no one had to be DJ, and we danced and danced, like I haven't done since I was in my 20s. Guests headed out, kids went to bed, even easy child 1 and her boyfriend eventually gave up. By 4 am, husband was lying on the sofa, and I was still dancing away (slowly, though).

We had nothing to do and nowhere to go on Jan 1st, so we all slept in until about 4:30 in the afternoon. Then we got up and dressed, and took difficult child back to the Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

Honestly, this was the best New Year's Eve since my Grannie died when I was 12. She used to have a dance party every year, so this was in her honour. I think she was there with us, watching over us and dancing with me, just like she used to do when I was little. It was wonderful.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I made Tink's favorite dinner (or supper) and we discussed whether it is called spaghetti sauce or gravy. </div></div>Well? What was your conclusion?