Did I tell you all that Ace ate husband's hearing aid?

DDD

I can't remember whether I shared or not. Chalk it up to...uh, you know, senioritis.

Anyway, husband fell down last Thursday while putting groceries away. I wasn't home so he decided to go rest on the bed for awhle. I came home and saw some groceries on the floor, picked them up, heard Ace crunching away in his crate, saw husband was napping. Hmm...odd. Usually Ace is greeting me and wagging.

Two hours later husband gets up and looks for his hearing aid. Not! Two grand plus down the doggie gullet. I called our homeowners insurance company in hopes it was covered. Not. What a life! DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG! I'd be so mad, regardless of it's a case of doing what dogs tend to do.

Maggie has her "things" she tends to chew. Travis' old work boots (leather) for one.........and honestly that is about it. Her biggest thing is shredding paper, LOVES it. ugh Grandkids toys are safe from harm......even if she does play with them, she won't chew them up. Which is good because I've had a dog that liked to chomp on just about everything and it drove me bonkers.

Well, perhaps, husband won't be so inclined to spoil Ace rotten?? But that is wishful thinking, I'm sure. lol

DDD

LOL, Hound...you "got it". It's a mutual admiration society and I guess "anything" that has to do with husband is desirable by Ace who honestly is not a Chewer Upper by nature. Life's something! DDD

DDD

Klmno, lol, believe it or not my husband told me "I checked the backyard yesterday." Talk about being an optimist! DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well? Do you think Ace will LISTEN better now? ......................... I mean he HAS BEEN somewhat of a challenge.

We have already had this scare....because DF's hearing aids make the most unholy high pitched squeal when he takes them out and forgets to take out the battery. He thought L.C. got the case and took it outside....so we looked and looked and scoured the grass. Then we came in and OMG he was so upset with himself. While watching TV I hear this Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (wish I could make that Maria Carey sound) but I turned off the TV and kept walking around.....it was like a cricket on Redbull. Finally I bent down next to the DVR and "voila" the last place you look. He hasn't been so careless since.

InsaneCdn

Thanks for reminding me of why I'm prepared to wait (and wait and wait and wait) for surgery... because the surgical solution isn't something I can lose, or that the dog can eat...

DDD

Starbie I just remembered that your DF got a super deal on hearing aids not long ago...didn't he? I'm afraid to have husband out in the world with-o some but boy are they expensive. DDD