Did "they" raise the price of stamps?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I thought as I was fading in and out of consciousness last night, that I heard some evil newscaster say the price of stamps was being jacked up to .44?

I was just about to mail a bill and paused having a flashback to last night.

Well Bill Parker! What the frick! Now I have to go out and get a bunch of them gosh dern 2 cent'ers...

$*%&%(#&*@#($&$%

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL - I have enough 2 cent stamps to send a letter with those only.

I've been buying the "Forever" stamps though. Mostly because I almost never mail anything... So the price changes before I run out of stamps!

trinityroyal

Gosh I hate it when they do that.

I really like the "permanent" stamps that Canada Post came out with a few years ago. They don't have any price printed on them at all, and they sell them in large quantities (rolls of 100 or 200). So, when they raise the price of stamps, you can still use the ones you've got. Saves a lot of headaches.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I only mail about 2 things a month, which would be why I am pretty clueless. I pay most things on-line... I have almost a full roll of .42 cent stamps.
LAME

witzend

This time I just plain went and bought 100 two centers. You know that they're going to raise the price of stamps two cents again within a year.

Abbey

Spork Queen
The forever stamps are perfect. As often as they change the price it comes in handy. I always keep a roll or two around, even though I don't mail much.

Abbey

muttmeister

I'm old enough to remember when you could send a first class letter for 3 cents!!! And if I sent a letter to my grandparents the next town over in the morning, I could get an answer back the same day when the train came back in the afternoon. Now to send a letter there and get an answer back takes a minimum of 4 days. And they wonder why people don't use the mail anymore.
I pay all of my bills online and send emails instead of letters to everybody I can. And everytime they raise the price I think more and more people send fewer and fewer pieces of mail. It's getting to be ridiculous the way our postal system works (or doesn't).