Did you hear me scream????

everywoman

He has a job. A real, honest to goodness, go every day, earn a paycheck JOB! We live 30 miles from a large resort area. He will be working at a restaurant about 25 miles from home. It is in a small coastal fishing village known for its restaurant row. The company he will be working with owns a large number of local places. In 6 months he will qualify for a 401K, dental, and health insurance. He applied, was hired, went to orientation today. He starts tomorrow. If he can keep this job it can lead to a lucrative career. Yeah!!!!!

everywoman

He swears that having his teeth fixed was the best thing that ever happened to him. He has more confidence and is able to look people in the face and talk to them. I'm hoping this is the beginning of a new life for him. It's been a long time coming...

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Glad the self confidence is being built up.....can cause amazing results! Good for you for helping him achieve this!!!!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Congradulations :) Its so nice when they land a job. Hopefully it will be a good fit for him.

Mine just started working a few weeks ago and has re-discovered the joy of having money in his pocket again and not having to scrounge around for bottles for recycling cash..

Marcie

everywoman

Thanks ladies. I appreciate all your support. He was up at 6 when husband got up this morning. Was nice and polite to him. He had to be at work at 10. He and husband spent the morning together and then husband left. I woke up late---at 9:30 and panicked because I didn't know if he had gotten up---lol.

Marcie---around the homestead there is not a piece of scrap metal to be found. He's been selling scrap for pocket money. I know that having his own will be such a help.

Yesterday he called mygfgbiomom. She was planning on taking difficult child and pcdaughter to see Mickey Mouse before easy child left for BCT on the 23rd. He told her that he wouldn't be able to go since he had a job. I talked to easy child and my mom last night and it was decided I would go. So on the l3th I am off to the land of magic and mice!!!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Wonderful,wonderful news. He is doing it. Yay!!!!!

If you go to the land of MM, let me know. My easy child is working there.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sexy exudes confidence -

Sooooooo WAITER.....................OH Garcon! ;)

Gosh EW - I heard you scream but I thought it was Wyntersgrace in Ohio after finding a June Bug. :surprise:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! WOW - THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!

I'm happy happy for you both.

And maturity takes yet another baby step - to adulthood.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:beautifulthing::bravo::dance::musicdance: :whistle:

difficult child's feet are standing on the path. Now I'm keeping body parts crossed they stick to it.

Way to go!!!

lovemysons

Yep, can definitely feel the excitement in your "voice".
How awesome...Hoping your difficult child will really love this new job opportunity.

Hugs and love to you,
lovemysons