Did you hear me scream????

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by everywoman, Jun 30, 2008.

1. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

He has a job. A real, honest to goodness, go every day, earn a paycheck JOB! We live 30 miles from a large resort area. He will be working at a restaurant about 25 miles from home. It is in a small coastal fishing village known for its restaurant row. The company he will be working with owns a large number of local places. In 6 months he will qualify for a 401K, dental, and health insurance. He applied, was hired, went to orientation today. He starts tomorrow. If he can keep this job it can lead to a lucrative career. Yeah!!!!!
  2. Andy

Andy Active Member

:money::thumbsup: Yeah!!! Way to go BIG TIME!
  3. Steely

Steely Active Member

Oh, major kudos for the boy! YAY!

I will keep sending all my positive juju his way.
  4. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

Yep, I heard you!

...and WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. WhymeMom?

WhymeMom? No real answers to life..

wondered who that was........hope difficult child can "stick-it"..........
  6. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

Woo hoo! :thumbsup:
  7. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

He swears that having his teeth fixed was the best thing that ever happened to him. He has more confidence and is able to look people in the face and talk to them. I'm hoping this is the beginning of a new life for him. It's been a long time coming...
  8. Estherfromjerusalem

Estherfromjerusalem Well-Known Member

What wonderful news! Hope this is the beginning of a complete turn-around, and that he does well in the job.

Love, Esther
  9. WhymeMom?

WhymeMom? No real answers to life..

Glad the self confidence is being built up.....can cause amazing results! Good for you for helping him achieve this!!!!
  10. Marcie Mac

Marcie Mac Just Plain Ole Tired

Congradulations :) Its so nice when they land a job. Hopefully it will be a good fit for him.

Mine just started working a few weeks ago and has re-discovered the joy of having money in his pocket again and not having to scrounge around for bottles for recycling cash..

11. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

Thanks ladies. I appreciate all your support. He was up at 6 when husband got up this morning. Was nice and polite to him. He had to be at work at 10. He and husband spent the morning together and then husband left. I woke up late---at 9:30 and panicked because I didn't know if he had gotten up---lol.

Marcie---around the homestead there is not a piece of scrap metal to be found. He's been selling scrap for pocket money. I know that having his own will be such a help.

Yesterday he called mygfgbiomom. She was planning on taking difficult child and pcdaughter to see Mickey Mouse before easy child left for BCT on the 23rd. He told her that he wouldn't be able to go since he had a job. I talked to easy child and my mom last night and it was decided I would go. So on the l3th I am off to the land of magic and mice!!!
  12. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

Wonderful,wonderful news. He is doing it. Yay!!!!!

If you go to the land of MM, let me know. My easy child is working there.
  13. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Sexy exudes confidence -

Sooooooo WAITER.....................OH Garcon! ;)

Gosh EW - I heard you scream but I thought it was Wyntersgrace in Ohio after finding a June Bug. :surprise:

I'm happy happy for you both.

And maturity takes yet another baby step - to adulthood.
  14. katya02

katya02 Solace

That's great! A job is the first step to other good things ... hope everything works out well.
  15. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

:beautifulthing::bravo::dance::musicdance: :whistle:

difficult child's feet are standing on the path. Now I'm keeping body parts crossed they stick to it.

Way to go!!!
  16. lovemysons

lovemysons Well-Known Member

Yep, can definitely feel the excitement in your "voice".
    How awesome...Hoping your difficult child will really love this new job opportunity.

Hugs and love to you,