Did you know that....

DammitJanet

you can do criminal records searches online?

I just checked the court dockets in my county and OMG has my kid been a busy little bee!!!

I just did a lil search and found out that he is on active probation for his larceny of something...I think the gas last summer. The conviction date was 1/31/2007.

Then he had a court date yesterday for 2 traffic offenses.

Today was 3...count them 3 ...misdemeanor larceny's of gas from the same gas station. 2 more traffic offenses. Well actually 4...2 on each ticket.

Then in November it gets worse!!!

He has court on Nov 2 for 3 felony cases that dont include MY charges!!! One is for obtaining property under false pretenses, one is for felony larceny, one is felony forgery and one is felony uttery. Ok...make that 4 felony cases before mine!!!

His little goose is cooked. How on earth does one get 7 felonies on ones record at the age of 21?

gottaloveem

Oh geez Janet.

I'm shaking my head wondering what the judge will do to him due to all of these charges.

I don't know what else to say.

Damn, I hope he wakes up in jail and turns his life around.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">felony uttery </div></div>

I don't know this one. What is it?

Suz

Oh Janet,
Because he's been on probation since January, after one felony I would think they would lock him up. Poor Corey, I hope the time in jail allows him to see he needs to make changes in his life. I hope some good can come of it.Gentle hugs.-Alyssa

DammitJanet

Ya know what I dont get? He was just CONVICTED today of another 3 counts of larceny of gas from the same gas station that he was on probation from before...and they only gave him 15 days active sentence!!! They didnt revoke his active probation, they didnt do nuttin else. Uhhhhh...hello?

And...get this...they gave him credit for 7 days that he has already been in jail already so he only has to serve 8 more days!!!

Now lets see...he has been able to use those same 7 days several times now for time served on other charges he has gone to court on. The traffic charges yesterday and today.

So....if they dont get him charged with MY charges before his 8 days are up, he can walk out of jail a free man because he has already paid his own bond on the charges for the cases coming up in November. And does anyone think he will stick around then? Ohhhh heck no! I wouldnt if I was him. I would be in some country with no extradition treaty.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
The misdemeanor charges obviously don't mean much in your county...when the felonies kick in it could be another story....all I'm thinking is there must be severe overcrowding in your area jail or they wouldn't let him out until November court dates....they will also probably plead down the charges for the felonies to maybe two...just a guess, but he could have some other charges by November, if he gets out....

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">felony uttering</div></div>

I've still never heard of it.

So what he SAID was a felony???

Suz

DammitJanet

Forgery is writing the check or instrument and uttering is cashing it or presenting it to the financial institution.

The part that makes it a felony is the fact that it was for an amount in excess of $99.99

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Or was it felony uddering?

Which is, of course, 1st degree cow tipping. </div></div>

:rofl:

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That happens ALL THE TIME in Wisconsin </div></div>
:wink: I resemble that remark! :smile:

Sheesh, janet, 15 Days?! I'm pretty dumbfounded. (CowTipping notwithstanding...)

Good we can chuckle about it, tho!

Suz, aren't ya glad you asked!!

Peace

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Oh and by the way, yes I did know you can check criminal records online. Sadly, I've known that for quite some time. Website in our county referred to as CCAP.

Funny, once difficult child was out & all up in the email thing? I sent one of those silly 42 Question dealies to him. One of the questions was, "Do you keep a diary?" and he answered:

"No, but check out CCAP, it's all on there" :rofl:

Peace

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

Are you sure Cory isn't grease coated??? He sure seems to squeeze thru the cracks easily enough! Phut! :nonono:

I somehow doubt he's gonna get off so easy on the felonies, though. And you know what? Because of the minor stuff, he might actually believe nothing serious is EVER gonna happen to him, and stick around for the court dates for the felony charges.

BBK

The cow tipping thing liked to killed me when I saw it. :rofl: :rofl:

scent of cedar

:smile:

Janet, I really AM so sorry Cory did all these things ~ but dang, girls ~ that cow tipping thing was FUNNY!

:rofl:

And Janet ~ you know now beyond a shadow that you did the right thing in turning Cory in.

Still, it's got to hurt like a son of a gun.

You sound pretty good though....

How doing?

:flower:

Barbara