Did you see this? Adult children sue their "bad mother"?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Next, someone should sue the father for misrepresentation - is he their father or their attorney...isn't that conflict of interest or something like that?? I mean, I can't even believe this wasn't laughed out at the petition stage. Hmph.

I think the mom was actually a GOOD mom - she acted in the spoiled rotten kids' best interest by making them wear their seatbelts and come home at respectable hours. There is no such thing as owing your child gifts for birthdays or any other holiday. They probably moved in with the dad at the time of the divorce because they knew he had the money tree, duh. He's the one who should be sued for bad parenting....yeesh!

JJJ

I saw this. I wish the judge would have ordered dad and the kids to pay mom's attorney fees.

Mattsmom277

I agree with the idea they should have had to pay the mothers legal bills. Bad parenting for teaching kids to obey the law, travel safely in a vehicle, a midnight curfew, and not sending money in cards to grown children? I'd be SOOOOO sued!!!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'd be sued, too.

Of course... Mine would be from siblings, did I have any - for making them look bad. I say thank you to MY OWN MOTHER on my birthday. Hello... Who did the work that day? Not me!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Actually I see it's in Illinois. I'm surprised they didn't win.

My kids are grown and I don't send them birthday cards, heck I don't buy them birthday gifts.......they're lucky if I have the cash I might buy them a birthday dinner, depending. I used to make them a birthday dinner but now easy child beats me to it so I haven't done it in a while.

I think Nichole's prom curfew was much earlier than midnight........like pretty much right after the dance was over. I'd have to ask her to be sure, that was during my major short term memory issues. But I know she was less than pleased. lol

If you don't agree with your kids filing a bogus lawsuit to the point where you tried to talk them out of it, why on earth would you embarrass yourself by actually representing them? Can we say IDIOT? I'd certainly never hire him for anything. I have to learn toward this is a revenge situation. And yes, court should've ordered mom's attorney fees paid due to the kids filing a frivolous lawsuit.

Andy

Shhhh....... don't tell Diva! (or much worse - my sister)

hmmmm - best add difficult child to this list. Today is his birthday and he asked me if I got him anything. "I let you have a sleep over last weekend."
Not sure if that falls into no gifts or not?

DammitJanet

Its a crying shame I didnt know you could sue your parents long ago! If they thought THAT was parental misconduct, I wonder what that lawyer would have thought of my mother?