Did your difficult child have Colic as a baby?

B

brendan

For some reason I've ben thinking about this lately. Brendan would scream every night from about 5 until 10 pm. I am now thinking his senses were overloaded as this sometimes is a problem for Aspergers/other problems.
Just wondering it there is a correlation.

H

HaoZi

Mine had some reflux issues as a baby, had to keep her upright for a while after she ate, and she had to be on special formula due to lactose intolerance. Otherwise she was a great baby.

KTMom91

Yes. I carried her in a kangaroo pouch for weeks. It was awful. Forget taking a shower or getting anything else done...

P

PatriotsGirl

No, my difficult child did not have any colic issues. Neither one of my kids did.

Oh yes - colic and projectile reflux until he was 6 months old. Both problems stopped right around six months, but it was a very rough ride for us all until this calmed down. I never really connected the Asperger's with these issues, but no doubt they may be connected.

B

Bunny

YES!!! He would scream all day long, but it was strange because he would sleep at night. I can't tell you how many different formulas we were on and how many times I took that child to a doctor as a baby because he did nothing but cry. It was horrible.

Actually, I know quite a few people who have difficult child kids and they all said the same thing: they were difficult kids from the time they were babies. Most of them said their kids were very colicky as babies. Maybe there is something to that.

Pam

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Well, the pediatrician at the time confirmed that difficult child didn't have bad colic at all. And he could not explain why she cried from sun up till sun down. Yes, a full 12 hours, from 7AM to 7PM of screaming. Then, magically at 7PM, following her bath time and feeding, she drifted off to sleep for 12 hours. Because I was nursing, I had to wake her in the middle of the night to feed, my breasts we so full and painful from nursing her all day as a means to calm her. It was an utter nightmare. Again, almost magically, at 3 months the screaming stopped...but then it picked up again when she hit her teens! LOL.

H

HaoZi

Those of you that had ones that were colicky, are these the same kids that do better on girlfriend/CF diets?

K

Kjs

Yes he did. It was absolutely horrible. I think he cried for a year with Colic, then ear infections.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Screamed for 6 months......did not sleep but for maybe 5 mins at a shot.........reflux and projectile vomiting as well. diagnosed failure to thrive as an infant. Honestly surprised I had another child after that. lol

Josie

My daughter was colicky. She was a difficult child until she did the girlfriend/CF diet. I think if your child had a known allergy or intolerance as a baby, it is worth eliminating that food now and seeing what happens.

I know most people don't believe in the magic bullet, but for her that diet is the magic bullet.