Didn't get it

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well the job I was trying for I didn't get. I got a call last night at 8 in the evening telling me. I think that is a bit on the rude side of things to start with. 8 in the evening is not business hours in any way shape or form.

I am frustrated and upset. I don't know now what I will do. I know I will be backing my availability down alot. And my knowledge will stay in my head and not be shared at this time. I know I sound bitter (and I am) but I feel like all of my hard work has meant for nothing.

husband knows that I will be looking for something else. The person that they hired I will have to see what she is like. She doesn't have the knowledge or experience that I do. She has some from a different perspective but not sure how it will transition in.

Ah well, one more disappointment.

beth

trinityroyal

Aw, Beth, I'm sorry to hear that.
It really hoovers when you've got the experience and skills, and the company decides for whatever reason to give it to someone else anyway.

I agree that 8 pm is a strange time to let you know.

I've been hearing lots of rumbles in the business news about the markets starting to show early signs of a turnaround, so with luck the job market will open up and you'll be able to find something else.

In the meantime, hang in there.

Trinity

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Beth, I'm sorry that this happened. I am in a similar situation, watching a stranger hired from the outside to do my old job. She was hired on the advice of our accountant - to make their jobs easier and my boss listened. No matter that I was doing a fine job all along for almost 15 years. And now when I try to do the other half of my job that remains, I can't do it as effectively because I'm not doing the other half. Ah well, don't mean to hijack your post.

I keep hearing that "it happened this way for a reason" and that "something better will come along"...yeah yeah yeah.

Hugs, Beth. I hope something that is right for you and utilizes your experience comes along real soon!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
FWIW--I think it's better to be notified (yes, even at 8pm ) rather than to be kept in the dark--waiting and hoping and never hearing anything. And you are not alone, experience and education is being trumped by entry-level folks that are willing to work long hours for peanuts all over the place.

So sorry you missed this opportunity--hopefully something even better will come along.

--DaisyF

susiestar

Roll With It
I find it so sad that experience and education are being tossed over for entry level willing to work long hours. Talk about your false economies!

I am sorry they didn't give you the job. They just shot themselves in the foot.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
was this the job where you do volunteering? If so, I think I would immediately STOP with the free help and there is no reason for you to share your knowledge unless you are being paid to train someone...... doesn't sound bitter at all to me........ let them train their own person if they felt she was the right one for the job........ take your volunteer time elsewhere in an effort to find a paying job....... if you still want to work there part time only work for the hours you get paid and state that you must now put more of the time you previously volunteered into efforts of looking for another position..... or if you think they may let you go entirely tell them that you need another part-time position to supplement....... I hate it when managers think they will get cheaper help by hiring inexperienced people then expect those with experience to "share all their knowledge"......... thinking of you and hoping for more job opportunities.......

Star*

call 911........call 911
Beth,

I'm so sorry for you! I think you're right however. All the knowledge that you have been giving for basically NOTHING - should stay right in the top of your wee head.....;) I wouldn't share how to change the toilet paper roll with her.

There will be something BETTER for you where you are appreciated for your smarts and cleverness. Bet on it!

Hugs

M

ML

((((((((Beth)))))))) I'm so sorry. I had the same thing happen recently and it totally hovers. I hope something better comes along right away for you. ML