(Didn't want to Hi-Jack so...) I've "Run Out of Buck" - Who's with Me?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I've stolen Shari's line from another thread because I think she is right on!

Sometimes we all just "buck up and deal" with everything for so long that we just "run out of buck"...

Well, I have reached that point, too!

I've no patience left for difficult child behaviors right now...

I'm worried about DS's upcoming knee surgery...

And yesterday - you have GOT to LOVE the timing -

husband came home to tell me that despite having a two-year contract, his account is being cut. He'll be out of work in less than sixty days....

Merry Christmas and

God Bless us Everyone....

Well, I am not feeling very merry right now.

Anyone else?

Please feel free to add your vent here...

Mom2oddson

Daisy,

I'm so sorry about husband's job. That just Hoovers Big Time!! That was news that could of waited until Dec 27th! Sheesh!

I'd send you some of my "buck-up" if I had any. I'm running on fumes here. Ant is supposed to go into rehab after Christmas. Still waiting for an intake date. In the meantime....he's started spending nights at different friends. So...detach, detach, detach....and try not to think about what he is doing or worry about whether or not he will actually GO into rehab....

Then there is just the normal emotional ick of the holidays with a dysfunctional in-law family. The mother in law who has caused endless pain, that husband has cut out of his life, is sending messages through the brothers that husband needs to grow-up and come to the Christmas Eve party at her house. Where there will be the 3 SILs that refuse to talk to me because of whatever crimes I committed against difficult child-Step. And then there is Step.... working hard to detach from that completely. It hurts too much to even think about her.

So, does anyone know where you can get more "buck-up"? I sure could use a refill.

jal

I have been bah humbug since right after Thanksgiving. As I slowly started to purchase gifts throughout this month and the tree went up last week I finally began to get some buck, only to be shot down once again as this year has been the one from h*ll. Just in this month husband and difficult child were t-boned and his car totalled. Then on Sunday his stepfather was sticken with an aneurysm and stroke and is in the ICU. His mom is confined to wheelchair due to waiting for surgery for a ruptured disc. husband is now having to spend his nights at her house to make sure she is ok. Luckily, she has people who come in during the day. I have to say I'm out of buck officially. Not a lot to celebrate this year.

Mattsmom277

I don't want to vent here gain since the run out of buck comment was on my existing vent thread. but wanted to chime in that yes, I've run out of buck. I'm hoping to find some in the bottom of a pot of cinnamon apple herbal tea that I'm about to treat myself too. I will let you know how that one goes! Hugs to all who are in the same boat

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm so out of buck I actually nodded off while working on my gift for my grandparents. It'll be late, because the CAT ate the original one (long story), and I can't seem to care...

However I am dragging through because I am actually getting SOME HELP... I don't know what happened but husband and Onyxx are being angels...

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I am out of buck also...obviously from my earlier thread also.

Found out that my niece, who has worked (a term used very loosely on this occasion) for the company just under a year received the same bonus as me and I've been here since 1997...and more than the secretary who does more work than anyone. I keep telling myself that "at least I got a bonus" but it's not helping me everytime I hear niece complain about money - ugh, try having a family.

Discovered after planning on placing part of said bonus into savings, that I had a $773 end of year bill I forgot about completely! End of savings plan.

Totally do not feel like hosting Christmas, but it's too late now...I want to numb myself for those 24 hours.

Nope, no more buck left.

KTMom91

No more buck here, either.

My body hurts, I'm afraid of falling again, my doctor's off this week, I don't want to go to urgent care, Miss KT's being a butthead, the house is a mess, and we have no money. None. Hubby mailed off his unemployment on Monday, and we're praying that it gets to Sacramento, gets processed, and gets back by Friday. I think the car insurance lapsed yesterday, but I'm afraid to call and find out. The tires on Hubby's car are showing metal, the "check engine" light on my car is on, and while I'm grateful that we have a spare vehicle, the spare is a 35 year old pick-up truck that belches black smoke at random moments.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm running low on buck again, too, but I know myself well enuf to know this is how I am. I can handle the world and smile all the while for a period...and then I fall apart, spend a day having a pity party, then pick up all those pieces, put the smile back on, and go on.
I fully expected pain with this ordeal. What I didn't expect was the un-ending of it. Since the re-splint, I think there has been one period of about 3 hours that has been comfortable. The rest ranges from hideously uncomfortable to outright painful ALL the time. That and the frustration of being cared for by a doctor I've never seen...one that doesn't know yet that my joints have forever been loose, that my achilles tendons are too short, and my plantar tendons have absorbed the short achilles, and that I have a history, as my beloved physical therapist calls it, of being "systemiclly wrong" with regards to my body's response to injury... yup. My buck's running short today, too.

flutterby

Fly away!
No buck here. Just a doe and a fawn.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Chuckle. *snort*

Grrrrooooooaaaannnnn.

Ok. Sorry. That was bad.

difficult child is severely depressed, my mom and I are on the outs, I have zero money to buy presents - no presents for anyone this year, including difficult child - and my kitty is missing. Medication for MG isn't helping enough and makes me sick, and I've been running a fever for a couple of weeks now.

But, I saw my son today for the first time since Thanksgiving and he actually stayed for a few minutes (came by to pick up mail). He's coming over on Christmas. I'm really looking forward to that.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
How about water leaking through my newly remodeled kitchen ceiling from ice dams? Is that out of buck? I had the repair guys & my homeowner insurance adjustment guy out today ~ let's just say I no longer have rain gutters on the east side of my house due to "removal" of said ice dam. I need lots more work to get rid of all of the dams ~ needs to be steamed off & it's being recommended that I install heated roofing.

Geez ~ I don't think so.

Okay, done on that.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Linda - heated roofing?! Are they KIDDING?!

I know a little about this (wish I didn't), you should not need heated roofing. Good insulation - on the inside of the roof - will work. husband does insulation, I'll ask him if he can find out more for you (since unfortunately you're not in our neck of the woods).

I got a reminder last night why I do all the stuff I do and am totally out of all kinds of wild game. And it didn't restore me, but I feel better if I let some stuff slide!

DammitJanet

Heated roofing and ice dams reminds me why I am not living in the great white north!

The only buck I have here is the ones we eat that are in the freezer. I have wrapped till my shoulders and hands hurt, washed and folded, tried my very best to be cheerful and not argue with anyone, and now what do I get to look forward to? A 6 or 7 hour drive up to Jamies for a scheduled snowstorm so I can get stuck inside with a bunch of crazy adults and 3 screaming kids! LOL.