difficult child#1 and I shared thirty minutes at his "watering hole" this afternoon.

DDD

What can I say, lol. For six plus years easy child/difficult child now difficult child#1 has/had a favorite place to hang out, play pool, pick up sweet things and most often get drunk as a skunk. Over all those years he and I have laughed that I would likely enjoy going there. If I had a dollar for every time I either dropped him off so he wouldn't drive or picked him up because he couldn't walk...I'd be retired.

Today we spent thirty minutes there. We played pool and he won. Surprise, lol, I haven't played pool since I was in my 30's or 40's. We each had a drink and then we went back to work. I'm not sure if I can explain that half an hour. It was a form of closure, it was a little sad and it was likely one of the last new experiences we will share. As usual there were laughs. Most of the customers were old men who hang out there (happy hour goes from one to seven :) and former easy child/difficult child said very seriously "Mama I am so glad we are playing pool because some of those dirty old men were looking at you wrong." OMG!

At the thirty minute mark my PIA grandson whom I love to death said "we have a second drink free since it's early but there's smoke in here and I don't think you should breath it". So we left. What a life! DDD

Rumpole

This difficult child gives you a :) and a hug. Sometimes we need our Mum/maternal caregiver to do this kind of stuff. It's nice and it means a lot

That is all

R

lovemysons

Giggles about those "dirty old men", DDD! easy child/difficult child was there to protect you...smile. He's a sweety for sure.

I love that y'all had some one on one time...It must have felt a bit like being with a easy child though in their "right of passage". I mean, easy child/difficult child is legally allowed to drink and it reminds me of my mom and my own easy child (though she is not quite 21 yet)...but anyway, easy child recently spent the night at my mom's and they "shared a drink" together. I think it was my mom's way of telling easy child that she see's her now as a young woman...no longer a child.

Now come on DDD...You know you let easy child/difficult child "win" that pool game, smile.
Your love for each other always shines through your posts.

Hugs,
LMS

DammitJanet

DDD, the love that you both share for each other run's so deep that we can feel it even through cyberspace. I so hope that one day Keyana and I will be that close.

Nancy

I loved reading how you spent your special time with difficult child 1. He sound slike a very special person and he really loves you. Those moments will be cherished forever. It brought a smile to my face DDD. It reminded me of special times I spent with my difficult child dad at his favorite watering hole. Memories that will stay with me always.

Hugs,
Nancy

Ephchap

DDD, you brought a smile to me as well. He really does love you. Through all the ups and downs, that's been a constant. I'll bet he was tickled to show of his cool grandma.

Deb