difficult child#1 has been a easy child/difficult child this week. I'm proud.

DDD

I haven't mentioned him much lately. He is "mostly" living with his girlfriend and seems to be quite happy. Although he isn't living at home he spends an occasional night and always calls every morning to say Hi and always responds to my brief text saying "nite".

This week, however, husband had to go to Mayo for a bunch of tests and likely a procedure this week. difficult child#1 has been his Grandad's wing man and the two of them have had a great time. My easy child is in transit to Jax to stay with husband and be there for the cardiac consults (she's an RN with cardiac specialty) and difficult child#1 is headed back home to help me for a day or so at work. I'm proud of him.

I think this is funny. husband is a quiet man who "does his own thing". He had to go from Dr. to Dr. at Mayo and difficult child#1 "lost" him. He called me and said "I don't know where to heck he is. What should I do?" I suggested he get a copy of his appointment list and go from office to office trying to find him. Also suggested he look in the cafeteria or whatever in case he was getting a snack." difficult child#1 called back in about thirty minutes. He said "OMG, Mama, the security people noticed me searching and asked if I needed them to send out an alert to find GD. I quickly told them "No, thanks." "My grandad is not senile...he is just a very hard headed independent man." Sure enough, difficult child#1 found him a few minutes later.

What a week. What a blessing it is to have easy child/difficult child back on target when he is needed. DDD

InsaneCdn

<smile>
DDD... it's so nice when, in the midst of time of need, our difficult children step up to the plate and show us what they are really capable of...

recoveringenabler

Staff member
DDD, your post warmed my heart, thanks for posting. I am happy difficult child#1 is being a easy child and is helping his granddad. I hope your nicotine withdrawals are getting easier for you!

busywend

Awww...he is a good man - can't wish for much more than that!! I can feel the pride beaming from your post!

I am very happy for you and husband!

DDD

husband is likely going to be fine for awhile. He is 79 and has had cardiac issues for over twenty years. He's been having labored breathing lately and the tests indicate that his pump rate is reduced to 12% (by comparison mine is 80%) so there is going to be a consult to see if a fibrulator/pacemaker may help. The procedure is generally easy and safe. easy child and husband will call me tomorrow morning and let me know if they are going ahead or not. Meanwhile husband is worried because I am scheduled for upper GI and colonoscopy next week. Both husband and I would love to smoke and ease the tension, lol. No, we won't do it. Things kinda bunched up on us and we are lucky we have easy child and former easy child/difficult child available to back us up. DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It's so nice when they step up to the plate, isn't it? :) Glad he's being a big help to you. Although his losing husband made me laugh. lol

I hope the treatment, whichever one they decide on, helps. And you have my sympathies for the upper GI and colonoscopy next week. Treat yourself to something nice after, you'll deserve it. Gawd I hate those test worse than any other.

Hugs

DDD

difficult child#1 is safely back in town and I'm going to add another "cute" story. Why? Because I can..LOL! My mind is off in a zillion directions so anything that amuses me is good today.

After "losing" his grandad, difficult child just sat and told me "I came up with a solution to avoid that problem again. I wrote down my cell phone number and put it in his shirt pocket. Then I told him very seriously 'if I get lost again find a pretty girl and hand her the piece of paper from your pocket and ask her to text your handsome grandson who is lost".

Sure enough...they got separated and husband found a goodlooking girl who sent a text to difficult child and told him where to come.

I think he's happy to be home. easy child and husband are now "roomies" and trying to decide what to have for dinner. Ace and I are having "the usual". LOL DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
difficult child#1 is safely back in town and I'm going to add another "cute" story. Why? Because I can..LOL! My mind is off in a zillion directions so anything that amuses me is good today.

After "losing" his grandad, difficult child just sat and told me "I came up with a solution to avoid that problem again. I wrote down my cell phone number and put it in his shirt pocket. Then I told him very seriously 'if I get lost again find a pretty girl and hand her the piece of paper from your pocket and ask her to text your handsome grandson who is lost".

Sure enough...they got separated and husband found a goodlooking girl who sent a text to difficult child and told him where to come.

I think he's happy to be home. easy child and husband are now "roomies" and trying to decide what to have for dinner. Ace and I are having "the usual". LOL DDD

:rofl: :rofl:

rejectedmom

I love that your easy child/difficult child is providing comic relief for you and his grand dad. I also love that he is providing real relief. Maybe his brain is healing even more. -RM

InsaneCdn

'if I get lost again find a pretty girl and hand her the piece of paper from your pocket and ask her to text your handsome grandson who is lost".
Of course, that had nothing to do with easy child/difficult child being interested in pretty girls - right?!