difficult child 1's home

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
on leave for 2 weeks.

Its good to see him, but I just hope I don't start counting days.

He apparently had a long layover at the airport and got smashed (he's 19). He says he got a bit beligerant going thru security and they searched all his bags. He lost his cell phone and wallet (blessing in disguise cause now he has a valid reason not to need a car to drive). His first night here was drunk. He left the deep freeze door open, everything is thawed.

He went to his fiance's last night and the lake today. He'll be back tonight for a couple of days, then back to fiance's for the wedding on Friday (this is the first time they've seen each other in a couple of years, anyway - they did date when they were freshman in high school and she went to his junior prom with him). I will be at the wedding, but....you know.

Smile, smile, smile, enjoy him while he's here, and pray it doesn't go south.

DammitJanet

Im not surprised he got served at the airport. They never card guys in uniform. I am shocked he managed to lose his wallet...dummy...now he has to replace his ID! They dont like that. Jamie lost his in his truck that he gave to Cory and Cory was wandering all over creation down here with his brothers military ID which showed him to be 21....lol. Problem is they actually look enough to pass for each other when the light is dark and Cory has a buzz cut. Just dont have them stand next to each other...there is 5 inches difference...lmao.

I hope things go smoothly and he stays halfway sober for the leave. Maybe it wont be too bad. Remember Sember Gumby!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Grandma loaned him a car, so that's off my shoulders. His wallet was found and is supposedly being mailed to our house, so if it arrives, the wedding will go on as planned... Oh my, I don't miss this drama!

Semper Gumby...made me laugh. My license plate on my truck has Gumby and Pokey painted on it and it says "Dammit Gumby"... been there for YEARS. Little did I know how appropriate that would be...lol

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Shari, am I reading this right?

Your difficult child is 19. He is engaged and hasn't seen his fiance since he was 17. They dated as freshmen in high school and again when she went to his senior prom.

And they are getting married on Friday?

Good luck being a bobblehead! :wink:

Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Shari

Ought to be an interesting wedding, and um marriage.............

Smile, smile, smile, enjoy him while he's here, and pray it doesn't go south.

But I see you've developed the right attitude. :rofl:

Hope it turns out to be a nice visit, with no drama.

Hugs

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Yup, girls, you read that right.

And 2 years ago they went to prom (ONE DAY/NIGHT) together as friends. They haven't dated since they were freshmen...

This was announced, what, about 3 or 4 months ago. The original thought was a way to get him more money while deployed and her moved to where he is.

I wish them well, but talk about your rough places to start....

Just noticed the "Ptsd!" thread... so I guess the "I need the keys to the gun safe" incident passed by without further incident?

Between that and the wedding, the phrase "shotgun wedding" comes to mind.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh yeah, the gun cabinet incident passed without incident. I have a set of keys on my keychain. There is a set in the house somewhere, but I do not know where. I didn't have to lie about that, but I still went straight home.

He's left for this fiance's house now. I will see him again this weekend. He has seemed stable, but the behaviors I hoped the military would knock out of him are still very there. (ie losing the wallet/phone and leaving the freezer door open the first night he was home, etc...)

I was just amazed at how quickly the peace of the past year disappeared after those phone calls.