difficult child 1's miracle today was not enough to prevent...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
difficult child 2 from having problems today. :( The health office called at the end of 2nd period to tell me his teacher sent him down because he could not stay awake in class. At first it sounded like this was an ongoing problem (I know he's often tired because of his medications), but I emailed the teacher first to get clarification and she just replied to say that today was just a bad day for him. I am relieved to hear that because I'd hate to do a knee-jerk medication adjustment if it's not really critical. It takes soooo long to get him to a stable place and I'd hate to risk losing that. If this was chronic, then I'd be more inclined to jump on the phone to the psychiatrist and start looking to change something.

Never a dull moment, huh? Hopefully a long nap today will get him back on track.

TPaul

Idecor8
Hey gvcmom,
We are having that same trouble with our difficult child, he gets sleepy late in the school day. I have got to go down and visit with the principle and his teacher. wife has did most of the visiting with his teacher in the past, due to her work schedule allowing her to have better access to them during the day.

She talked to them this week, which has not been one of her best. They expressed concern about his being sleepy and she told them she was concerned too, :surprise:. We have talked together repeatedly about his sleepiness and that it takes time to adjust to the new medications. Did she tell them this, NO, GRRRR!!!! It was like we had never had the conversation. :alien:

The school does not know that she is bipolar, but I think that the teacher and principle should know, and that it affects her line of thinking many times. It is like she knows things, but has a blank slate at times when she is on a mania.

Well, enough of that ranting, sorry, I understand though about this and hope things work out well
Tpaul

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks T.Paul :) He came home and slept about 3.5+ hours. Missed his afternoon dose of Seroquel XR, but functioned o.k. without it. Got a bit of homework done and then went off to soccer practice. I noticed he was much calmer after the exercise :)

I have to wake him up in a few minutes. Hopefully today goes better.