difficult child 1's neuropsychologist evaluation begins tomorrow!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm excited! husband filled out his BASC-2 form. I've got all my other forms ready. I'm going to have to drag easy child along since she's still getting over this bug and can't go to school :( We're doing two days, back-to-back because they're moving out of their office next week and are in the process of packing up, and the doctor wasn't sure if we could get a room for the originally scheduled round 2 on Thursday.

:)

Stella

The time has finally come! Best of luck with this - please keep us posted and let us know how you're getting on!!!

I'm glad difficult child 1's neuropsychologist evaluation is finally here!!! It always feels so good when you're able to take positive steps forward...

Thinking of you today:D... WFEN

DDD

It's such a relief when you finally think the experts are going to really understand and point you in the right direction. Crossing my fingers that the results are all you hope for. DDD

DammitJanet

Whew...I am still doing mine! They are tough...lol. Make sure you give him down time after the tests. I do about 4 hours a day and come home and collapse. Today is my third 4 hours. I still have another block to schedule too.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, he survived today's round of testing! But what was supposed to only be from 2 to 4 got extended to 5pm, so he was pretty wiped out by the time he came out.

It was funny, sort of, before the tester came out he was goofing around and being a bit of a pest with easy child and me. I think he was nervous. Then when she came out and I introduced her to him, he just sort of closed up, avoided eye contact and was no longer Mr. Silly. You'd have thought he was in trouble or something. I hope she noticed it.

Tomorrow he goes back again for three more hours in the morning. I'm not even going to push the homework tonight.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, he survived the second round of 3-hour testing! :) Lots of word testing today. doctor said difficult child 1 has a very impressive vocab. Guess he gets that from being such an avid reader...

He has to complete his own BASC-2 self-report and mail it back. Then I go back on the 23rd for the results.

The school still hasn't started their part of the testing. But at least they'll have the neuropsychologist report to supplement their own research.

On an even MORE positive note, difficult child 1 pulled through and managed to not get any grade below a C- (despite having three F's mid-quarter)! A couple of A's, a couple of B's and some C's. I'm very relieved.

I told him if he could keep the grades up all quarter, I'd spring for a better quality cell phone for him (he's using one of those simplistic "Go" phones right now). OR, if he managed to get nothing below a B- this quarter, I'd get him a laptop computer. He seemed very pleased with these carrots. We'll see if it's something he can rise to!