difficult child 1's SNAFU - aka the late night bunrush

Marguerite

I'm about to throttle difficult child 1 for being so - thick!

It is compulsory to have a current registration sticker on the car. Last week I talked him through the process of organising the mechanic's inspection of roadworthiness (pink slip) and paying the third party personal insurance (green slip). Without those, the car cannot be registered. husband then helped him through the process of paying the registration online, and thereby officially validating the registration sticker (previously sent - papers in difficult child 1's possession).

difficult child 1 was at girlfriend's parents place last night so he could take her to dinner. The sticker should have been on his car yesterday.
He just got home tonight (it's almost 11 pm) and went to put the sticker on his car (a day late, because he wasn't home last night - bad planning) and now can't find his registration papers (with the sticker). We found what we thought were the papers, but with the sticker missing already - turned out to be for husband's car, and he has just put his sticker on.

If it's not found, difficult child 1 can't drive his car. Without his car, he cannot get to work.

But to start turning the house upside down at 11pm, the day AFTER this should have been done?

Mind you, the sticker should have been put on the car as soon as the paperwork was completed. You don't have to wait until THE day.

I was wondering if he left his papers at girlfriend's place - if he did, it would be five days before she gets back from her trip to Queensland...

husband found the papers. Someone had moved them to a chair, which then had books put on top of it. It's what happens in this house. We try to keep things organised and we try to throw out unnecessary papers, but if they're not OUR papers, we have to wait to talk to the person who owns them.

We still have a backlog of stuff belonging to easy child 2/difficult child 2 and BF2, but at least with theirs, I can put it in a box to take to them to sort through.

Oh well, we will sort it all soon.

And at least NEXT year, difficult child 1 will not make the same mistake again!

He's just come back inside, after putting the rego sticker in place.

Marg

Christy

I'm about to throttle difficult child 1 for being so - thick!

And at least NEXT year, difficult child 1 will not make the same mistake again!

Don't be so sure! LOL

My difficult child is only nine so our whole house searches involve looking for things like his glasses, shoes, and darth vader action figure! He expects everyone to drop what they are doing and join in the search. No matter how many times you mention that if you would put something away where it belongs, you don't have to look for it. It doesn't sink in.

Glad the sticker was located and he's on the road again!
Christy

KTMom91

Bring on the recording..."If you would just put things back where they belong..."

Glad the sticker was found!

Marguerite

About it possibly still happening next year - at least NEXT year, he will be girlfriend's problem, not mine!

Although we'll still be supporting them emotionally and practically, I suspect.

Marg

Andy

Wow - We are constantly looking for things at our home also. "Mom, where are my shoes or sunglasses or coat, etc.?" "Gee, I don't think I was the last to wear them. If I remember right, you wore it yesterday - do you remember where you took it off?" This always lightens the mood and usually brings difficult child to an eye rolling "Oh Mom!!!" kind of moment.

We were after easy child to renew her drivers license for about one month. She went in yesterday and was told she could not do it without a parent's signature. She can renew when she turns 18 without a parent's signatutre but if she doesen't renew today, it expires!!! So, I found time yesterday to go give my signature.

Glad things are going better.