difficult child 2 is already too excited about tom!!

hexemaus2

Old hand
He's so excited/anxious about tomorrow the poor guy just can't sleep. I swear, it feels like oh-so-many-years-ago when he was spending his last night before kindergarten. He has everything packed into his backpack & has checked it two or three times. He's asked me 3 or 4 times which of his new shirts he should wear. It's so precious I could just pinch his cheeks! lol.

Gee, would Mom going to school and taking pictures of his first day of high school be an uncool Mom thing to do? lol.

I swear, I see this sweet, gentle, timid guy in front of me & I have such a hard time justifying it with the dangerous, evil, terroristic raging maniac I see during his rages. The two images just don't even come close to resembling the same kid! It makes it so hard to understand what's going on in that head of his. I don't see any similarities what-so-ever that would indicate it's the same person.

I just hope we see more and more of this sweet, thoughtful guy. I like him. Fluffy? I could go the rest of my life without ever seeing that monster again!

I just hope and pray that everything goes well for him. I want so much for this to be a positive step for him. I want this to be one of those light bulb moments so that we don't have to keep pursuing Residential Treatment Center (RTC) placement for him.

Gee, I'm beginning to think I'm more nervous and excited about tomorrow than he is! :cheerleader:

Last edited:

klmno

Good luck! Chances are that there will be good times and bad times. You just have to weigh the bad times and see if they are something you can deal with safely. Do you have supports in place for him?

susiestar

Roll With It
Good Luck!! I wonder, with the dramatic difference between the two facets of difficult child, is there any chance it is a true dissociative state, or maybe some kind of schizophrenic disorder? I truly don't know much about these disorders, but the difference between Fluffy and the "regular" difficult child are so very dramatic. Maybe this is something to ask the docs about?

hexemaus2

Old hand
Well, the school is still standing and difficult child 2 is still breathing. I guess that makes today a success! :)

difficult child 2 was a little overwhelmed when I left him this morning. (We had an hour long tour/orientation this morning - showing him the one way halls, where the freshman lockers are, getting his books, etc.) I was a little concerned, leaving him while knowing full well he was at his limit. But, everyone seems to have survived.

difficult child 2 said on a scale of 1 - 10 (one being worst, 10 being best) his day was about a 6 overall. He said he had some doubts during the first half of the day. He was wondering whether or not this was all going to work for him...but he got himself re-centered and calmed down by the end of the day. (I wonder how much of those self-doubt/nervous feelings were a direct result of way, way too much input first thing this morning what with the tour, and meeting all of his teachers, and trying to memorize his schedule, his locker combination, his lunch code, teacher's names, which halls were "up" and which were "down", etc. Heck, I was a little on the overwhelmed side & I've been to the high school before for difficult child 1!!)

Anyway, all in all, a good day. He's already done his homework, his chores, and even had some friends stop by to take him out for ice cream.

I'm happy. I'm proud of him. He did good. Let's just see if it continues. (Crossing fingers.)

F

flutterbee

When you said tom, I thought you meant TOM, as in Time of Month, and I thought, isn't difficult child 2 a boy? :hammer:

I'm glad today went well. I had the hardest time when easy child started high school. When did my son become old enough to be in high school??? It took me all year to get over it.

Here's to more good days. :D