difficult child 2 over the moon about field trip today

gcvmom

Here we go again!
difficult child 2's lang arts teacher is taking a group of students to see "A Christmas Carol" performed at a local repertory theater today. I don't know WHY he is so incredibly excited about this trip, but he is.

He is excited about what he's wearing (wanted to borrow difficult child 1's black dress shirt, which difficult child 1 is allowing, amazingly; also wanted to wear his fedora hat but I nixed it since they don't allow them to be worn at school, and since this is a school function, he cannot wear it; wants to wear a specific pair of skinny jeans, which teacher said is fine).

He was wound up over what to take for his lunch -- wanted husband to go online with him to look for a special recipe to make for his lunch :confused:.

Wanted to go to bed EARLY so he wouldn't be tired and fall asleep during the performance. O.M.G.

When he's unstable, he has obsessive tendencies, so I am watching this closely, especially since I dropped his evening Seroquel XR by 100mg about a week ago. Right now it's funny. Hopefully it doesn't escalate.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hmmm--

On the surface though, getting students excited about theatre and the arts is a good thing....

Maybe it's nothing to worry about?

Hopefully, he'll have a good time and then everything will be back to 'normal'.

--DaisyFace

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I talked to him this morning about the borderline over-the-top enthusiasm last night. He agreed that he was getting a little out of control -- didn't know why exactly, but at least he recognized what was happening.

Oh, and what did he end up taking for lunch? Tuna sandwich!

How exciting for difficult child. I absolutely love that show and went to our local Glendale Centre theater about 5 years in a row to see that performance. It was always amazing. I hope he enjoys and can keep it together.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm glad the teacher has made "cultural" experiences a priority for her class.

Either she or the principal (who's also going) will be giving difficult child 2 his medications at lunch today while on the trip. I hope they don't forget!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I CAN'T believe it.

After all the arrangements I made days in advance to ensure that a RESPONSIBLE adult would be able to give difficult child 2 his medications at lunch on the field trip...

The teacher FORGOT and instead of getting them at 1:30pm when they were supposed to eat lunch (which is already an hour after he normally gets his medications), he got them at 3:15pm when they got back to school!!!!!

I am just so incredibly disappointed. What if he were diabetic and she just "forgot?"

:grrr: