difficult child 2's first basketball game tonight...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
and he SCORED!!! The team lost, but difficult child 2 won big time in his mind and in mine!

I am so happy for him -- it gave his self confidence a TREMENDOUS boost. He's had some bumps with getting his feelings hurt in practices, and that has made him question whether or not he belongs on this team. But I've encouraged him to stick with it, and tonight he's feeling a lot better about playing. :D

He's one of the slowest kids on the team, partly I think because of his medications: the weight he's gained plus the sedation aspect. But he doesn't give up, and he's one of the tallest kids on the team.

It's a little victory, but even little one's can feel very, very big.:its_all_good:

Jena

Thats so cool!!! Yea for him, whether they lost or not like you said a huge sense of pride and accomplishment for him!!! :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Have no idea how I missed this .........(sorry)

WAY TO GO KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO​

THIS IS HUGE

YOU COULD BE AN NBA ONE DAY

I WILL BUY YOUR FATHEAD WHEN THEY MAKE IT IF YOU SIGN IT!!!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
FATHEAD!!! That would be cool...
What a nice post! It seriously made me tear up. This is such a big thing for so many of our kids.
K would love to be able to play a sport, but thus far is unable. She is just starting Adaptive PE.
Way To Go!!!