difficult child 2's teacher report

Californiablonde

So I emailed difficult child 2's teacher to see how he has been this week since he has been taking the Focalin. She said, and I quote, "He is doing amazing! Completing his work and staying on task…and yes, engaging in conversation with me and making better eye contactJ yay!!!" I am so happy! I am so glad we tried this stimulant. psychiatrist knew what he was talking about after all. I can't believe he's actually completing his work, something he never does. And staying on task, again something he usually never does. His dad thinks he doesn't have ADHD and no medications are gonna help him. Well he's WRONG and I can't wait to tell him what his teacher said about him on this new medication. He is definitely improving. I am so proud of him! I wish I could put up an icon on here but I can't figure out how to do it!

InsaneCdn

Yes, when the medications work right, they can be "miracle drugs". K2 is like that... actually, no behavior problems, but doesn't get anything done at all... unless she's on stims. And on stims... if she gets a B grade, it's because she didn't care.

To put into your post those fun characters, like this:
:choir:

Above the box you are entering text in, you should see a whole line of icons... B for bold, etc.
One of those is a smiley face... which gives you access to the smiley board...

Californiablonde

I'm confused. I don't see anything above the box I'm typing in. All I see is "reply to thread." Maybe I'm having a blonde moment, lol.

pigless in VA

:wootsmiley: CAblonde, have a "wootsmiley" on me. Try clicking on the yellow smiley above the box in which you type, and you should get some smiley's to appear. It's right next to a big capital A as in apple. Just click on one to insert it into the text.

Californiablonde

There is no yellow smiley above where I'm typing and there's not big capital A either. There's just something that says "quick reply" and something that says "reply to thread."

InsaneCdn

I'm going through Yahoo.
I don't know how this site reacts on Yahoo.
Some say it doesn't work with Google Chrome.
Definitely issues with AOL browser.

IE... with all it's warts... seems to work.
Not sure what other options.

Can you try with IE?

Another option... when you are in "reply to thread", do you see a button for "go advanced"? That might also be worth a try.

pigless in VA

CAblonde, I'm not so hot with troubleshooting computers, but I can stick a few more happy smilies on for you.
:happyguy::jumphappy::woohoo::sushi:

I'm using internet explorer, by the way. This last smiley is eating sushi. Does anyone ever have a use for that one?

Californiablonde

Actually I think it's Internet Explorer. I used it to go on my Yahoo account, then went on this site through Yahoo. I don't see any advanced button. Oh well, I guess I can't do it here.