difficult child actually made a smart decision

catwoman

I spoke with him this afternoon. He's been sharing a house here in PA with friends and although they all work full time it's a typical single guy party house. difficult child told me he's moving back in with dex in NJ next week becaue he wants to stay sober and knows he doesn't have a chance in the environment he's living in. He also has classes to attend in NJ regarding his DUI and the commute would be ridiculous. If he actually follows through with this it will be the first rational decision he's made in years. I told him I thought it was a smart decision and wished him luck. I wanted to remind him of AA meetings and counseling but I kept my mouth shut. He knows these things. I will not get caught up in his drama again.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
If he can actually follow thru with his plan it would be a good positive step forward for difficult child. :thumb: I think recognizing for himself that the environment in which he's living isn't a good one to maintain his recovery is also a positive sign. Hopefully he can get out of there before the tempation becomes too great.

Hugs

I also wish my difficult child would see that his living environment will not help himi either. He is just living without us telling him what to do - no matter where he is - living in a trash pile - how can anyone succeed there?

Jen

Glad to hear that all went well for the day. I am learning, that if that can happen it is great. Dont expect anymore then that, or you will be dissapointed, and hurt.

Jen

KFld

That is wonderful news. I also think the way you handled it as far as your responses were awesome. He does know what he needs to do without you reminding him. All of our difficult child's do!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I was going to say the same thing that Karen did. Your difficult child is talking smart...AND, I'm really proud of you and how you handled the call.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Susie

Sunlight

ant had to do DUI school in three counties. it was 3 nights each county. he still has one session to go. the school costs 300.00 per county!

your son is maturing. so are you in how you deal with him. they train us, dont they?