difficult child almost passed out this morning.

K

Kjs

He was in the shower and started calling for me. I thought he forgot a towel or something. He started screaming for me..I went in the bathroom and he was laying on the bottom of the shower...his face was green and he was yelling "I can't see" "everything is black". (I haven't seen this kid naked in years) and he was just laying flat out with the shower running on him. I shut off the shower. Gave him a towel and helped him up. I wanted to get him to the couch or bed, and he went right down on the bathroom floor. His face was green. I didn't want to scare him so I just told him he must of had the water to hot. He said no. I made him eat breakfast and drink some juice when he felt a little better. He was real spacey, just staring into space with a blank look on his face. I brought him to school, he asked if he felt like that again if he can call me...I told him ofcourse he can.

Now I am quite concerned. As you all know he suffers from so many headaches. Had a 4 day headache last week. Going away on Friday night. Saturday night he went to a neighbor/friends house for a "HALO3" party. I know he was up most of the night with all the boys.(saw him online at 3am) We called him home about 4pm yesterday, woke him up. He looked out of it. He went to bed by 6pm and slept until 7am this morning. First I thought maybe this happened because he was up Saturday night. But he did sleep 13 hours. He has stayed up late at sleep overs before.

I have a call into Childrens to try to set up a neuropsychologist evaluation. have to wait for a call back. I have a call into his neurologist since he never called back on Friday when I called about his on-going headache. I have a call into his psychiatrist that he didn't return on Friday either.

Should I be concerned?? He was really spacey, but I guess you are spacey after something like that happens.
Should I worry?

smallworld

Why did you make him go to school? Maybe he's sick or having a medication reaction. You should have him checked by his pediatrician at the very least.

susiestar

Roll With It
in my humble opinion, go and get him if it is at all possible. Make and appointment with his primary care doctor, and keep trying the neuro. If you do not want to take him to urgent care or ER, then at least watch him for a day or two.

This is very strange and scary. I know that some videogames have caused seizures in the past, along with some anime shows. I do not know anything about HALO, but I would at least want to be near my kid for 24 hours or so. Even if I was having trouble with him.

Will school let him call you? Will they let you know if something happens?

Keep us informed, we are praying for you and your family!

Susie

I agree! I would at least take him in to see his regular pediatrician or family doctor today and if they see its a need for an emergency, at least he is at the doctor already.

Keep us posted!
Jessica

TerryJ2

Green?
I've heard of green/blue toes, as in Reynaud's ... that's a circulatory issue. I would make an appointment with-his regular pediatrician today asap and pick him up at school.
Good luck!

K

Kjs

I called his pediatrician this morning. They said to bring him right in. So, I called school and imagine this...difficult child was in the office. Kicked out of first hour class. He went to class with no books. Again! He told me he felt sick in advisory, but was dizzy when he walked. I picked him up and I took him to the doctor and was/am upset.
doctor. took his BiPolar (BP) sitting, then standing. It was lower when standing but not awful. (his words) He looked in his eyes, had him touch nose to his finger, listened to his heart and said all is fine, just got up to fast. I told him no, he was up. We were talking about football. doctor kept saying he got up to fast.

I took him to lunch and made him eat, then brought him back to school.

Since, I have talked to the neurologists office. Nurse took down all the info and called me back. They want to see him first thing tomorrow. This neurologist is with Childrens Hospital and only comes to our town once a month. So, I have to go there. I hate taking him out of school. difficult child is convinced it is because he was up all night Saturday, slept most of Sunday and went right back to bed Sunday evening without eating anything. I agreed with him, but I know he has spent the night other times with friends and they do stay up most the night. Nothing has ever happened like this. I told the nurse at the neurologists office how he forgets everything at school. He can't even make it from the car to a class without remembering his things. Losing books, papers, everything. They were pretty concerned. Asked about head injuries. I do not remember any.
They asked about his last MRI, which he had last December and it was normal.

I was really scared. He was greenish, and the lines around his mouth were like bluish. He said he passed out, I don't know if he was ever really out. He says he was.

The nurse asked if he was out and how long. I just told her he was yelling for me he couldn't see, everything was black and when I got in there he was on the ground. He was talking. So, if he did actually pass out it wasn't for too long.

I talked to his psychiatrist also..I'll post in WC. Angry with him too.

LittleDudesMom

Kjs,

I'm glad he didn't have another episode after this morning, and even happier that you got him in with the neuro tomorrow. I will be thinking about both of you and waiting to here how that appointment goes.

You know, many, many, many times when you have posted about his school policies we have told you it sounds they are singling out your son. Today is another example. Sent to the office for not having his book?????????????? What the heck is that? At the very most, he should have received a "0" for that day in class, but to be sent to the office? On any given day, there must be 50 kids through that office. Is it really school policy to send a student to the office if they come to class unprepared? My daughter has been in both very strict private schools and now attends public highschool and I have never heard such bologna!

I think you may really need to look into finding an advocate to address, what appears to me, the unfair treatment of your son by this school.

Sorry to kinda hijack yoru post about his blacking out, but I am continually astounded by the stories of his school.

Prayers for tomorrow,
Sharon

BusynMember

I'm wondering if had a bad reaction to his medications or else a migraine (not being able to see). My son scared the () out of me when the school called saying that he was seeing black spots in front of his eyes and had high blood pressure. My son wasn't on medications. When he got to ER they did every test on him (including CAT scan) and concluded it was an ocular migraine. He had them quite frequently after that, but has since outgrown them.

TiredSoul

Warrior Mom since 2007
Any chance alcohol or drugs could have come into play at the sleep over? A similar thing happened to me when I was 15 from drinking a lot the night before. I fell down/blacked out/passed out in the shower the day after. It was very scary.

Yup, Jules, you read my mind. They are just the age for experimenting. Maybe see if your husband can talk to him and see if they were doing anything at the sleepover.

KJs, please, try not to be mad at him. He did not bring his book. That is a SYMPTOM for whatever is wrong with him. I am so glad to see that you are getting him in for a neuropsychologist evaluation. Maybe you can get to the bottom of this once and for all.

As for as your doctor goes, he sounds like a chooch. I would have walked out of his office and driven directly to the ER. No way would he have convinced me that my kid's face turned green because he stood up too fast.

K

Kjs

That was the first thing I asked him. I know the mother and she is super protective of her son. Her son never ever leaves the house. But I know with all those kids, someone could of brought something in. But then again mom over there is always with her kids.

difficult child said he would take a drug test. Told me to have the doctor do one. I will talk to him again today. He said they drank a lot of Moutain Dew and were up all night.

I have a home drug test, I bought some telling difficult child that I will use them any time I feel like it. There was a time I was bringing him in once a month or so for a drug test. All came back clean.(I didn't like his group of friends at the time)

nlg319

Perhaps you could let the neurologist know he was at a "Halo Party" Saturday night playing video games into the morning. I always tell my kids they can't stay on the computer or video games too long or they'll have a seizure...Maybe it has something to do with it...I think the rapid movement of the eyes can cause brain wave reaction. Just a thought...

K

Kjs

Well..did a drug test. Negative. I talked to the neighbor mom, and there older son. The older son was with the kids most of the night. He told me that they weren't acting stupid, just were up all night. Of all the kids that went, only 3 spent the night.