difficult child and consequences, A little maturity sneaking i

susiestar

Roll With It
Our county fair is going on through this weekend. If anyone remembers, last year difficult child got into some sort of altercation that involved a knife he bought, or was given or something. Details never were clear.

husband and I took Jess, a friend of hers, and thank you to the fair tonight. Friend is sleeping over. Ran into difficult child there, he said Gpa was there somewhere. This was at 6:30.

At 8:00 husband, thank you, and I were in the Expo Hall eating junk food (total indulgence, YUM!!). difficult child came by, shared what we could not finish, and then Gma and Gpa came by.

By 8:30 difficult child was leaving for the evening, knowing that his little brother and sister were going to be staying at the fair for quite a while longer.

As he hugged me goodbye (in public, no less!! :kisses:) he said maybe if he had stayed away from the knives last year he would be allowed to stay late this year. You could have knocked me over with a feather!!!!!!! :surprise:

Yeah, he had consequences last year. But realizing that events a year ago determined what he was allowed to do this year, that is major!!!!

I am amazed and proud that he is "getting it". :bravo:

Susie

Marguerite

That is really good. And he handled it so maturely, so calmly. I have noticed though, that sometimes as they get older even the most worrying kid can sometimes 'get it' and turn around totally.

Here's hoping.

Marg