difficult child and grades

TerryJ2

Here are two recent emails to and from one of difficult child's teachers:

Mom: I noticed online that difficult child's SOL prep only showed 3 points. Did he even
answer all of the questions?
All the best,
T

Teacher: difficult child actually made an 83. It was an error and has been fixed.
I hope you have a good day!

:faint:

keista

Happens for us all the time. Worst is when they put asterisks in for missing work (supposed to be considered an exemption) so the overall grade looks good, but when they update (right before report cards) those asterisks are replaced with 0s. UHG! Thank for keeping me in the loop!

Anyway, YAY for the 83!

T

TeDo

Terry, I had this happen with difficult child 2 all the time last year in one particular class (my A student 100% of the time was suddenly getting C's on things). The teacher had listed the students in his gradebook in alphabetical order and we are at THE bottom. A new student started after the first month so the teacher added that name to the bottom of his grade book. Problem was, it was in CORRECT alphabetical order on the computer so when he went down the list entering grades he went STRAIGHT down the list. It took him till the end of the school year to get it right.

TerryJ2

Oh, dear!
Glad it finally got straightened out. Can't believe it took so long.
difficult child is still making up lost assignments. I hope by Mon he'll only have 3 Fs instead of 6. :(

klmno

TG these aren't end of year grades- he has time to bring everything up. You're doing the best you can.