difficult child and my mom have made peace

flutterby

Fly away!
FINALLY!!!!!

My mom came up today and, as is always the case, it was starting to get ugly between them. I stepped in and let difficult child know, in no uncertain terms, that she was out of line. Short story. I wasn't exactly diplomatic about it. But, sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

In the end, difficult child actually hugged my mom goodbye and said, "Thank you". My mom doesn't exactly "get" difficult child, but all she wants is to be appreciated for all that she does for her. And she does a lot for difficult child.

Now, difficult child actually wants to go to my mom's tomorrow. I can't remember the last time she has wanted to go.

Ohhhhh...I hope this lasts.

Mattsmom277

That is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! I too hope it lasts. At least for today though, your mom felt some respect from your difficult child and maybe a visit is just in order! If difficult child spends quality time with grandma, it will feel much lousier to not be a terrific grandchild later on.

Let us know how the visit goes :)

M

ML

That's great news! Wouldn't it be nice if they have found a way to meet each other halfway.

flutterby

Fly away!
difficult child=Gift from God - the child that brings you here.

Some are not comfortable with that term and come up with their own abbreviation/nickname for their kiddo.