difficult child broke a record

Californiablonde

I am happy to announce that difficult child has made it to school for the last two weeks in a row. I don't think she has been to school ten days in a row since middle school two years ago. She has actually gotten up on her own and taken the bus. The principal hasn't made any house calls, and no picking her up late on my lunch break to take her. She has actually done it all on her own. I feel so proud and so relieved! I think making a friend has really helped her want to go to school. She has gone to school even with her ulcers acting up and giving her problems. I don't want to jinx myself, but I hope she continues to go down the right path. One less thing for me to worry about. Go difficult child!

Californiablonde

I am happy to say she made it to school again today. I am making sure to tell her how proud I am for her. Her dad did not react kindly to the news. He told her that making it to school two weeks in a row is nothing to be proud of and she should be doing it anyway. He can never find it in his heart to give her credit when it's due and he doesn't hand out compliments. I am making up for it by giving her lots of praise.