difficult child busted - thought it was serious this time, but they let her go

She was picked up in a meth lab bust. I don't know the details yet but apparently she will be charged with possession at a minimum, quite possibly intent to distribute, and maybe with manufacturing. I think she's probably looking at prison.

(Update - they let her go! See below)

Last edited:

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I'm so sorry. I can only hope that this will be a catalyst for change, but I also know how that goes with difficult children. If meth is her drug of choice, that's a tough road. I assume she's in jail, pending trial?

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Well this is just nuts. Talked to wife just now and found out that THEY LET HER GO. Walked, free as a bird, no charges. Unbelievable. I thought that maybe this would be a catalyst for change, like CrazyinVA said. But instead, it just reinforces her magical thinking that nothing bad will ever happen to her. I couldn't get away with failing to signal when changing lanes, but if difficult child does anything short of murder, it's "Never let us catch you again. You're free to go."

easy child son 1 is good friends with one of the officers at the bust (it was total coincidence, we had no idea where she was or who she was with). This officer when he recognized her called easy child son 1, who told him don't let her go. He called easy child son 1 again this morning and told him that he tried to get them to hold her, but he was outranked.

This stinks. People "out there" in the world probably think that a "normal" parent would be happy, but if asked, I'd tell them, heck no, I wanted her to stay in there for a while.

DDD

It just amazes me how justice is handled region to region. Anything to do with meth is punished to the max around here even if someone is "there" but not involved. I have no idea what it will take for her to get the message.....when there is NO message. on the other hand in our part of Florida justice is a sledge hammer on a gnat. I'm sorry you are disappointed again. Hugs. DDD

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I am so surprised, with the prevalence of Meth labs in middle America, you'd think they would start coming down hard on anyone present. Wow, this is an often discussed topic in my psychiatric classes.

I am sorry for the outcome - I know you had hoped for better.

Well typically meth is a major rap in OK too. It is a huge problem, and there have been task forces and lots of news coverage and general outcry. I guess the deal is they are overwhelmed with cases and only come down on the big fish. The guy difficult child was with took the whole rap, said difficult child wasn't helping him cook, from what I gather. So he'll probably go down as a hero in her book (and expect payback when he gets out again, which hopefully won't be for a long, long time).

dashcat

I am so sorry.
Does it not amaze you how they ALWAYS seem to land on their feet? I cannot imagine what they were thinking in letting her go. Sheesh!!
Dash

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
So...let me get this straight...

If I was to buy Sudafed for my cold - I need to show ID, have my driver's license logged with the state as a person buying sudafed, and sign some paperwork...just in case I am a "bad guy".

But if I was present at the raid of an actual meth lab - no problem....I'm free to go.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You could ship her here........they don't let them go, trust me. They used to, depending on who you were.......but a few meth lab explosions later and their attitudes about how serious it was settled in. Meth is rampant here, as are the labs. We're a major hub don'tcha know. (lucky us) Oddly enough.......heroine is fast changing that. There is a competition going on of sorts and it's not good.

I just shake my head.

It will catch up to her eventually. The problem is when will it catch up to her......... It's bad when even the authorities dealing with this stuff day in and day out don't realize that. But odds are they are after someone bigger, and since difficult child can't give them info or some such they let her go to focus on who they're really after. Stinks but that is the way it often works.

Good for your son for telling them not to release her. Too bad his friend was outranked.

Hugs

P

PatriotsGirl

I feel every ounce of your frustration. The justice system is one big, fat joke!!! Thought my difficult child had a warrant out for her for the past five months only to find there wasn't one!!!!!