difficult child cat

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
peed on my printer. I am so seething angry. She is outside at the moment to think on the error of her ways. It is far safer for her at the moment to be out there. It is my good lazer printer. If it doesn't work now I might have to do something drastic. She even has clean litter. NO reason for that.

beth

KTMom91

I just told Hubby about your naughty cat peeing on your good laser printer. His response? "It's not so good anymore!"

Thank you so much, Obviousman.

DammitJanet

You didnt happen to read the post out loud about the difficult child peeing on the laptop computer did you? difficult child cat may have got the idea from that!

I have a difficult child dog. He is a very small havanese which looks like a maltese. This dog chews everything in sight worse than any pitbull I ever met! None of the babies toys are safe. If she touches a toy, sippy cup, fork, spoon, plate, shoe, anything...he takes it and chews it. daughter even tried to chew up my cell phone!

meowbunny

If a cat quits using the litter box, it usually means there's either something wrong with the litter or the cat is sick or upset. Have you changed litter recently? Some litter just bugs some cats -- doesn't feel right. Some felines have a hissy fit if they have to share a litter box and want it clean before they will use it. If there's no sharing and no new litter (or new box), I'd get the cat to the vet.

susiestar

Roll With It
Before you get too upset with the cat have him checked for Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), kidney and bladder problems. Most cats will pee on something you use frequently if they are having trouble or pain peeing. though the printer is a new one on me.

Sorry.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I had a cat years ago that hated my ExDH. She would **** in his shoes all the time. Never mine...always his. Must of been a smart cat. ;)

Abbey

F

flutterbee

We had a cat pee in/on the toaster once. Didn't realize it til we went to make some toast. What's that smell???

Next thing you know, the toaster is on the deck and all the windows are open and fans are running. :sick:

If peeing outside the box is not normal behavior and especially if it continues, I'd take it to the vet. If you've changed the brand of litter, go back to your previous brand. Etc, etc, etc.

In our case there was nothing really wrong physically with the cat. He had his teeth cleaned and I think he was over-sedated - took him a really long time to come out of sedation. He was never right after that.

change

Ohhhh!!!! But really...whenever our cat has peed in inappropriate places, she has had a bladder infection. It just takes a round of antibiotics and she's good. Only other reason has been when her litter box was totally full (our fault) or we changed litter brands (never did that again!). GOOD LUCK!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I didn't change litter brands (wouldn't do that I know better). She is an attitude cat. If she feels slighted or some other grudge she will pee on certain things. She had nailed papers and the like before. My backpack (she doesn't like it when I am gone all the time). Things of that nature. But never anything electronic. She is one odd cat. Licks you if you stand still long enough. I heard her and the other cat get in a fight. But I think it probably had to do with easy child is home and I was in her room all day helping her with her room projects and the cat was feeling "neglected". Never been a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) type of thing always been an attitude type of thing. ARGHHHHHHH.

beth

F

flutterbee

Cassie, my beloved kitty who passed last year, would poop in the bathtub when she was mad at me. Nothing like getting up at 5AM and having to scrub the bathtub before you can take a shower.

She did stop that as she got older, but she was really picky about her litter box. I locked her in the room with the litterbox overnight (she always slept on my pillow) and that took care of it until we moved.

susiestar

Roll With It
When I was away in college I shared an apt with another girl. There was a cat hanging around so we adopted it. I named him Ralph because he barfed in my roommate's shoe one time.

About 2 months after we adopted the cat, roomie got a boyfriend. He was awful. Everytime he would yell, or if roomie and I had a fight, then Ralph would spend a week vomiting in her shoe or on her other stuff, once right on TOP of her boyfriend's head!.

I still think it was funny. boyfriend was an ***.

I am sorry she is an "attitude pee-er". I do not think this is a habit you will break, but a trainer might have some ideas.