difficult child Daughter Disowned Dad

Frederick P.

Hello All

My soon-to-be 18yr old daughter has decided to discontinue contact with me. I am very :sad: However I have accepted her choice in not to talk with me. I have made all attempts to remain in contact with this past summer. However I get this disturbing message that she doesn't want me to even attend her high school graduation exercises coming up this june.Which I was planning on attending with My folks while on a nice relaxing vacation this spring. At one time she was a easy child with great grades and even was awarded the Presidential Academic Achievement Award at the end of her 8th grade yr.
However I'm still very :sad: because I thought we had started to regain a close relationship after her sister had relocated to Florida and got married. Oh someday the lord will prick her heart and she'll return or maybe not.

Hello Fred, welcome to the board.

I am so very sorry for what I see is obvious hurt. You found a safe place to land here.

Could you tell us more about what led up to this?

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi Fred, it's been a while.
Sorry to hear daughter is still giving you troubles. The older difficult child's can really cut you to the heart.

While you are here, would you help out our research by filling out a Adult Parent Survey? If you have 2 difficult child's you can do one on each child. We would really appreciate your input. We don't have many dad's and I think it's important.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=u_2bLGyFoul0s4UTz1aUprDg_3d_3d

Thank You.

Welcome Fred, I'm sorry to hear about your situation with your daughter. I know it hurts. I'll second Big Bad Kitty, could you fill in some of the background for us? I found it very helpful to write about things.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Welcome Fred :flower:

I'm sorry difficult child is being so callous. I know it's breaking your heart.

Graduation is such a life milestone. Does her school require a ticket to attend the ceremony? If not, I think I would have to slip in, watch and take photos, and slip out without difficult child realizing I was there. I wouldn't be able to stand missing it.

I missed PCs graduation due to an auto accident. I was devistated.

She will regret her decision in the future. Although that doesn't help the pain she's causing you now.

(((hugs)))

Sunlight

Hi again Fred, long time no see. Sometimes even though we make our best efforts our kids dont make theirs.
sorry she is hurting your heart.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Hi Fred,

It's been awhile since you've visited.

Please remove your signature from your profile. It's best that you protect your privacy when disclosing things of such a personal nature.

As for your daughter, I guess I'd remember that graduation is a few months off and a lot can happen in the psyche of a teenager between now and then. Hopefully, whatever made her make this decision now will be turned around by the time graduation rolls around.

Suz

BusynMember

My thirty year old son, who we adopted at six and was delightful ever since, no longer wants anything to do with us. He has never said why (I think part of it is his new wife and his new religious beliefs). I can feel for you from the bottom of my heart. You have my prayers.