difficult child did good

Jena

hi

so i wanted to share, after many many library events that I have signed difficult child up for and taken her to......

last night she finally stayed in the room where they do the art projects, etc. with other kids and it was an hr and a half. she talked to another girl, made plans for herself today with the girl

i was happy to see that. we've been doing the library stuff for 3 mos now since we got home. It was my way of adding socialization into the mix for her.

Last night it finally happened she broke through that anxiety shell, spoke up, and actually enjoyed herself. it's about time........

who knows if this will continue to happen....... yet baby steps.

she began dance also, we gave her private dance lessons until the group class starts end of June. She went in the room and worked with the girl, and actually danced and listened.

Our thought is give her the private lessons (we got a deal on them) we're hoping it'll help her weight decrease, and also help her self esteem a little maybe and maybe just some fun. than in june when group class starts she wont' feel so awkward.

Yet with anything else difficult child says...... why cant' i just go in and dance alot? I don't want to take the time to learn the dance moves lol

same with riding i just want to run with the horse i dont' want to learn put the time in.

gotta love her!!! told her anything in life requires time effort but if you put the time in you'll get alot out of it!

our aim is to socialize socialize till september when she goes yes back to SCHOOL :)

Jena

yes i loved the dance class i think more than she did lol. she just hates anything that requires effort. i don't even look at it as a start, if she gets one fun day than so be it.

we looked into a cheap tennis lesson thing for the summer. it's minimal fee and they meet like 2x a week during summer. so i think we're going to enroll her in that. It'll get her away from me. she seems to think i'm her buddy lately..... :)

ever go through that with yours because they spend so much time with us? i'm like no no i'm the mom.........

H

HaoZi

She hasn't hit the buddy stage yet. She either wants to be the boss or wants to be the kid depending on how much work is involved.

Jena

haozi i forget she's 9 still. cute age, challenging yet cute.

what does she do on weekends??

shelly thanks.. and today i get an hr break. she is heading to town with a friend to library and than to get ices....

H

HaoZi

Weekends are for cleaning everything that got ignored during the week. After that we do as little as possible.

Jena

yea i remember when i worked monday thru friday and i had two late nights on call.. weekends were filled with cleaning, etc.....