difficult child did NOT just say that, did he?!?!?

Farmwife

difficult child and I met husband for lunch in town at a fast food place. Yeah I know, ewww gross, lol.

Some mid 20's guy got his drink at the fountain when difficult child did and difficult child told me about the incident after the guy left.

Apparently the guy had bragged to difficult child that he asked for a water cup but filled it with sprite so he wouldn't get caught stealing soda.

difficult child was totaslly put off by this and thought the young man was a total loser. It was as if something finally clicked in his psyche. difficult child sort of did that teen eye roll thing over it and it was obvious he was sincere when he said he thought it was soooo lame. :surprise:

This is coming from a kid who was stealing food at home only 3 months ago.:(

I'm just glad to see that somewhere in the middle of all his difficult child-ness that he can collect a few mature ideas. Most "normal" kids would say nothing, make a mental note and get free soda the next time they were out without their parents.

Thank goodness for the occasional "aha" moment to make sense of all the behaviors...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
It IS nice to know that our difficult children are capable of these lighbulb moments, no matter how few and far between! :)