difficult child gets two interviews from job hunting yesterday

Nancy

Yesterday was difficult child's first day of job hunting. She is allowed to job hunt M-W-F 9-12. I picked her up and she had a long list of animal hospitals and boarding kennels and I picked the ones I thought were most promising and entered them in the gps and we started. The first one we went to was a 24 hour clinic that is one of the largest in the city and they do a lot of rehabilitation work with animals; she really wants to work there. It's about 20 minutes from the house she is living at. She brought her resume and was inside for about a half hour. They took her on a tour and seemed interested. Then we went to about six other places and the last one was another rather large animal clinic/boarding kennel. She was also there for quite a while and filled out an application and they indicated they were very interested.

I got her back to the house right at noon and within an hour she got a call from one of the places she left a resume at but who indicated they had no openings. They scheduled an interview for next Thursday. Then today she got a call from the first place she really wants to work at and they want her to come in for a working interview the week of July 11 and said they were very intersted. They indicated it would be full time receoptionist.

She called me this morning and is overwhelmed with excitement and I'm so thrilled for her. Working with animals is what she has always wanted to do and is the one thing I think she would do very well with. We had a nice talk yesterday about this being a new phase of her life and moving forward and how important it is that she keep on the right path.

This is the hour of reckoning for difficult child. I want so bad for her to succeed.

Nancy

P

PatriotsGirl

Nancy, I have tears of joy for you right now. I would be overflowing with pride. I pray she gets this job - it would give her more reason to stay on the straight and narrow. So happy for you all!

This is great news Nancy. It is wonderful to see her progress and I hope and pray she does get a good job helping animals, and a "real" purpose and passion in life (as opposed to the emptiness of always chasing a high). Will the 3/4 program let her work full time? I had the impression she was only allowed to work part time at first.

lovemysons

Wow, that's awesome Nancy.
And sounds like difficult child has a heart for the helpless, sick or injured. That would be great for her to work in an animal clinic. Her caring side would really be nurtured.

Good job helping her and I hope the interviews go well.
LMS

dashcat

Everyo one of your posts has better and better news! If she gets in one of these places (and it sounds likely she will!) it will be such a boost to her self-esteem. How wonderful that she will be rewarded and recognized for her TALENTS. Very exciting.
Dash

DDD

Of course you want her to be successful.....the ball is in her court now. She has the social skills that you taught her and an appreciation for hiring practices. I, too, hope she will find success. The whole key is substances and the allure they have had. With the support of her temporary home I think there is real reason to be optimistic. Hugs DDD

Nancy

Thank you, I am crossing everything too. Her working interview is 9-12 on July 12. The vet said she is very excited to meet her. Yes she is allowed to work full time, in fact she has to work at least 25 hours a week. She is now required to pay her own rent there. She is still requiresd to attend a meeting every day so she will be very busy. I love this program, they really do hold their feet to the fire and make them responsible.

Nancy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I am so proud of difficult child.

Praying hard for her, tied up in knots to be sure all body parts are crossed.

This is so awesome!

klmno

This sounds so promising! It sounds like she'll get a job she likes and the program is keeping her busy with constructive things (work, meetings, etc) to give her ample time for this type oif stuff to become her regular routine and lifestyle- that should give her a much better chance for success this time. I really hope it all works out for her, and you!

T

toughlovin

Nancy, I am so happy for you and her. It sounds like she is doing great and all these successes are so hopefuly for the future... .gives me hope that maybe my son will eventually pull it together.

DammitJanet

This really sounds like promising news. I like the focus of this home. Seems to really be building some solid foundations in her. I hope she is really taking it all in. You know I am always in her corner.