difficult child given credit...we are baffled

TerryJ2

Oh, dear, Nomad, I am so sorry.

It's good that your daughter is aware of her mistake. It's neat that she is on such good terms with-you so you can work together to help her.
This is like a microcosm of why our country is in such trouble!

I can see this happening to a lot of people like your daughter. I personally think that credit should be more difficult to get.
(What's odd is that it's NEVER been that easy for me! :) )

I wish I knew more about credit situations, but it looks like you'll have more info from Rhonda tomorrow. :)

In the meantime, I like the payback idea you have with-your daughter, and cannot fathom why the store would not negotiate with-you to reduce the fee. My husband is great at negotiating... I'd send him over there if I could!

I'm sending hugs and good credit vibes your way!

N

Nomad

Thank you Terry.

I do think sometimes the mentally ill end up as victims. People see or sense that they are not able to think something through and well...they lose in the end.

It can get a little complicated, because like everyone, even those with mental illness need do the best that the can do with what they are given. Good choices encouraged. Sometimes we have to just plain insist .... drive home a point by letting them feel the consequences to bad choices. We are doing this more and more with- difficult child and slowly she is getting the picture. We are picking up the pace. Whether she "gets it" relatively soon, much later or even never gets it...it'll be okay. My choice as been made...I continue to move forward...

http://www.nami.org/

http://www.familiesanonymous.org/

Last edited:

TerryJ2

Susiestar, I just thought of something.
Yrs ago, when I was in retail and worked on commission, we didn't get our commission checks until 30 days after the sale. Customers were supposed to return their unwanted mchds within 30 days. The delay in paychecks gave the store a better chance of keeping their $ in case of a return or if something went wrong. I would hope that ph companies or anyplace that has commissioned sales would also work on such a premise.
If a certain employee gets in the habit of strong-arming customers, it will come back to bite them wks later in the form of a very small commission check. Quite often, the individual who bought the original item won't return it--a spouse or parent will. That was often the case when I was in sales. It was usually a situation where the wife went shopping and the husband did the return. Being a bit of a feminist in the 70s, that didn't sit well with-me, but the customer is always right. :)

Anyway, what goes around comes around, so Nomad, I think that employee will not last long with-that company. One can only hope.