difficult child got a job!

dashcat

Oh happy day!

She got a job at Target. She'll be working in the pizza place and in the store. She claims it's permanent, full-time. We'll see about that. She was nine days from her "move out" date and I did tell her I needed to see proof: paycheck stub, ACH draft, seeing her physically in the store ...something.

We are both meeting with her therapist in two hours. Hoping that we come out of there with a psychiatrist referall. I'm pretty sure part of this meeting is that she's going to reveal her new lesbianism to me. I plan to react with complete neutrality. No drama here.

Thank GOD about the job!
Dash

Calamity Jane

Wow - that's great, Dash. I hope she's excited about the job and proud of herself, too. As far as the "coming out"...YAWN. lol. Hope you do get a great referral to the psychiatrist.

dashcat

She will have to pass a drug test on Monday. She assures me this will be no problem. Well she'll pass or she won't - out of my hands.

therapist appointment went well. She read about bipolar from the DSM ... just a few exerpts. This was after she spoke candidly to difficult child about her episodes, promiscuity, risk taking, money and relationship problems. difficult child was surprisingly honest. Much of it was hard for her, I know. We have the referall and difficult child asked if I would make the initial call. I did and got an answering service. I know this is how he works and that he will call back.

We'll see how it goes.

ps. No "coming out" at the therapist. I actually see this as a good sign. Many times in the past,she's used diverting drama to get around the real issues in a therapist session.

Calamity Jane

Very encouraging, Dash. It must be a lot for her to process...I'm glad she didn't use diverting drama. I hope she passes the drug test and all works out at Target. You're a really good mom, I know it's been tough lately. Sigh.

Nancy

I'm glad she didn't use the diverting tactics too, difficult child's are famous for that. I'm encouraged that she let you make the first call, I think this will help her.

When does she start the new job? I'm impressed, both my easy child and difficult child tried to get a job at target at various times and neither of them got past the inital computer questionnaire. It was grueling and one of those psychological tests with the what would you do and how would you describe yourself. Evidently neither my squeaky clean who would never tell a lie or steal a thing easy child or my everything that comes out of her mouth is a lie difficult child passed.

Nancy

dashcat

She starts next week. She has to pass the drug test first, which she swears she will do. I do think she isn't smoking pot like she was, but I'm not sure she's gone thirty days. They must not do that test anymore, Nancy. She didn't mention it. The reason I'm 90% sure she's telling the truth about Target is that I did hear her on the phone returning the manager's phone call. Couldn't hear word for word, but the tone sounded right. Also, her interview was at 8:30 a.m. and I'm guessing if she was going on a make believe interview, it wouldn't be that early! Lol! I never passed one of those tests either and,believe me,I tried!

Nancy

She may have done it dash and just didn't mention it. If you go there in person they make you go over to their computer and apply online. If you pass that they set up an interview. Mine just didn't get that far because the computer must not have liked their answers.

If your difficult child is like mine she wil pass the test, somehow someway. They know how to do it. Mine has always passed her drug tests even when I knew she recently smoked.

Nancy

dashcat

Well, I sure hope you're right (and you probably are). Just checked her google history and guess what? "niacin and drug tests"l Also went online to check Target's employee dress code (planned to buy her a pair of pants and a good pair of shoes ...once she signed the papers and all). It took me to a page where you take that test. It is still possible,but I am feeling just a tad leery because she's usually really chatty about things iike that and would be talking about all the questions. I guess I'll find out. I remember not being sure she'd gotten the job at Pizza Hut because there were so many inconsistencies, but I was wrong that time. I'm just going to assume she got it and wait and see.

Nancy

You can always go up there for a pizza lunch someday, just saying! I'm sure it's true dash, it would be too easy for you to find out and if she's checking on drug tests there is a reason. I have a suspicious mind, it comes from years and years of practice.

Nancy

elizabrary

Kat had a job at Target (again our daughters are scarily alike) so your daughter very well may have. I hope it all works out! A job is always a positive thing.