difficult child got caught selling precription controlled substances over the internet.

Jody

Ugh, My oldest daughter just got a new car, I see the sheriff's office number on my caller id, I am like is she okay? I just assumed she'd been in a wreck, well lo and behold, she say's she's okay and I have her here. To me that sounded like a prisoner. I knew then it was difficult child. Oh my, this kid decided to sell her Wellbuterin online to a girl at her school, who she knew used precription medications that are not prescribed for her. She doesnt have enough points to go to Juvie so now they release her to me. Now we have to go to court and craziness. I checked her adderall, and there are 10 of those missing. She says she has not sold those and doesnt know what has happened to them. I get her medication from Medicaid, I hope they dont decide to not let me have them for her anymore, they are too expensive for me to afford outright. I am so ashamed of her. I have to say I was so impressed with the young sheriff who came to the house. He was early twenties, but he was putting up with no **** from her what so ever.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Oh, hon. :hugs:

I think, based on what we know, we can assume difficult child does indeed know what happened to the adderall... But Wellbutrin? What? That one I've not heard of...

BusynMember

I'm so sorry, Jody. I know nothing about Wellbutrin being used illegally, but I do know that Adderrall is very coveted by the druggie crowd. Ouf of all the ADHD medications, and all the stimulants are abused, Adderrall is the one that is abused the most. My daughter who once used Adderrall (crushed it and other ADHD drugs AND other drugs in a pill crusher and snorted them) told me they go for $10/pill and then there is inflation as this was ten years ago. It is one reason I really don't like ADHD stimulants. They can be abused and often are. My daughter used to steal her brother's stimulants and sell them and, when asked, would say she had no idea where they were. Maybe XYZ stole them, but she wasn't sure. Of course, now that she is telling all she says it was her.

If you have anyone in the house who needs to use stimulants, especially her, YOU hold them and lock t hem up and give her the pill yourself and make her open her mouth so that you can see that she swallowed it. Ditto for any drug s he takes if s he is going to try selling them.

Again, I am so sorry this happened and hope your daughter learns a lesson from it.

Jody

Oh yeah, she knows what happened to it, that I am sure of. makes me sick after all the talks we have had about drugs and possible interactions someone could have by taking pills that arent meant for them. Wellbuterin is a drug sometimes used to help people quit smoking, it's her anti depression medication.

BusynMember

I know what it is, but never heard of it being abused.

Honestly, they'll take anything they aren't supposed to take these days, won't they?

Gentle hugs. Sorry again.

PatriotsGirl

Yup, my difficult child was caught selling hers, too. I then kept them locked up and would give her one each morning and make her take it in front of me. She ended up expelled from school and put in alternative school for a while....

TerryJ2

Aww, Jody, I'm sorry! I know the feeling. And I will bet she does know where the other missing medications are. These kids just lie because they don't want to get into trouble; never mind that they're already in trouble. The only good thing about court is that when your child is on probation, they have to sign a contract that says they will obey curfew and anything else their parents say. Then when she messes up or even argues, you simple say, "You're on probation. Juvie is next." Worked for us. :) I have no idea why our kids don't respect us as parents but that's the way it is. I'm sending hugs. What a s*cky way to celebrate Mother's Day.

buddy

Really sorry Jody. You sure don't need that. Not sure how medicaid will find out? Hopefully they won't.

PatriotsGirl

Hi - she did it on a school bus. Doctor didn't know about what happened, but she wasn't on it much longer after that anyway. In my opinion, it didn't do anything for her except get her used to that "speed" feeling and I feel it was her personal gateway to addiction. Purely my experience and my opinion...not saying that happens to everyone on the medication...but looking back I wish I never gave it to her for many reasons.

Jody

I don't know I am waiting for them to contact me. That's what the officer said to do, I tried to call them yesterday anyway, but difficult child is acting like a real jerk, no surprise and I just cant take much more of anything dealing with her. She turns 15 year old at the end of this month, can hardly believe that I have three more years of this torture to go thru. I have decided and I told easy child last night, that if this behavior continues, I will be doing a lock out and this time she won't have an option of coming home.