difficult child got the job

thank you all for your support and prayers. I am deeply grateful.

difficult child messages me on FB that he got the job. It's at a local pizza place. He mentioned he had to go to another location (12 miles away) on Sat. I didn't offer to drive him. I congratulated him.

later he did ask if I would take him if he couldn't find a ride. I said I would.

i also reminded him he had a therapy appointment tomorrow and said I would pay for that if he chose to go.

he asked for more clothes, etc. and I met him across the street from where he is staying with them. It's just sooooo sad to see him. We barely spoke but it hurts....

Nancy, I agree with everyone you wrote in the other thread. Thank you my friend. I hate you had to be there to gain the specific wisdom only a difficult child can bring. Know what I mean??

gonna take tonight to watch mindless tv and cry. Tomorrow is another day.

*praying for all who are addicted and all hurt by it.

dashcat

There is so much that is bittersweet when you're a warrior parent. I'm so happy about the job ...and sad for your having to hurt and to hold the line. You're doing great.
Dash

PatriotsGirl

That is really great news!!!

Crying with you tonight....just feeling very sad and completely hopeless tonight...you are not alone...

Nancy

Oh AG I am very relieved as I know you are too. Get some rest tonight. Today is a better day than yesterday. You are there to support him in the right activities and he is staying in contact with you. Those are good things.

PG I'm sorry tonight is so hard for you. Thinking of both you and AG tonight.

PG,

wish we were closer. Sending you prayers, hugs and compassion. You are doing all you can do. Sleep well, my friend. Tomorrow, we get up and do it all over again. :)