difficult child had a bike accident. Need prayers and good juju

trinityroyal

We just got a call that difficult child had an accident on his bicycle on his way to work. The bystander who phoned us said that they've called an ambulance for him.
husband is on his way to the scene. I have no idea how badly difficult child is hurt.

Please say a prayer, keep him in your thoughts, send healing vibes. I'll post again when I know more.

Trinity

trinityroyal

Just heard from husband. difficult child is not seriously hurt, but he's pretty banged up. He's at the hospital now. husband will keep me updated.
Please keep praying. Board magic is an amazing thing.
:smile:

Just saw this. So relieved for you that your difficult child isn't seriously hurt!!

Praying he recovers as quickly and painlessly as possible... Hugs... SFR

P.S. I agree that board magic is amazing!!

InsaneCdn

difficult child is not seriously hurt, but he's pretty banged up
We'll take "pretty banged up" any day, considering the options!
Sending calming hugs... it always takes a while for the adrenalin to drop.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Prayers said. Glad it isn't serious. But "pretty banged up" doesn't sound so great either. I hope it's not too bad.

(((hugs)))

trinityroyal

Thanks for the prayers everyone. I'm at the hospital now with difficult child and husband. difficult child has a broken arm and no front teeth. Lacerated lip, road burn and bruising everywhere. He's in pain but hanging in there. Spine is fine. Whew/phew.

InsaneCdn

Ugh on the dental work. Broken arm might slow down the work fights for a while... maybe. (jk)
I'm guessing he had a helmet at least. Doesn't prevent spine injuries, but he doesn't need a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) on top of what he's already dealing with!

DammitJanet

Just saw this. Boy it sounds like a pretty bad accident to me! Broken arm will heal nicely if its a simple break but road rash and the teeth are going to be painful. Im glad he didnt get any head injuries.

Im praying for all of you. I can only imagine how scared you must have been to get that call.

trinityroyal

Helmets. Thank goodness for bike helmets! We have carped and harped about bike helmets since difficult child was a little tot. Thank goodness that was one area where he wasn't defiant. His helmet was on his head, with chin strap secured. Saved him from a broken nose and possibly much worse.

IC, you're right that the broken arm might slow difficult child down a bit on the work-fight front. However, he will milk the arm-in-a-sling for all it's worth.

And in true difficult child form, when he found out that he'd have to get stitches in his lip, he said, "Chicks dig scars."

Thanks for the update. Although he's going to be OK, it sounds like he'll be in lots of pain first. Like you did with your difficult child, we always made sure our difficult children wore helmets when they were kids. We were always explaining what could happen without one. Luckily the message sunk in. difficult child 2 who bikes everywhere, always makes sure he has his helmet on. (Given his lack of common sense, I still worry but that's another thread entirely!)

Will continue to pray that your difficult child recovers quickly and has as little pain as possible... Hugs... SFR

DDD

Awesome that he had a secure helmet. The number of young men with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)'s at the rehab hospital was startling and the statistics show that most (I don't recall the percent) were there due to bike/motorcycle accidents. I'm so happy that you don't have more serious injuries to worry about but I am sure it has been traumatic for you all. Hugs DDD