difficult child had court yesterday

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by mstang67chic, Jan 25, 2011.

1. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

It wasn't the final sentencing like I thought but he did plead and the lawyer presented a plea agreement to the judge. The judge also asked difficult child if he had any history of mental illness and took information/history that the lawyer had assembled. The judge will take it all under advisement and rule/sentence at the end of February.

Assuming the plea agreement is accepted by the judge, difficult child will get 4 years, do 2 and also get credit for time served. With good behavior we think he'll wind up doing about 9 months after sentencing.
  2. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

House arrest is off the table?
  3. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

I'm assuming.....he's not doing it here! Besides.....he was charged, and plead guilty to, 3 FELONY counts of burglary.
  4. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

Yeah, that would take it off the table. I thought he was just accessory to those?
  5. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Well...Cory plead guilty to three charges of uttering forged instruments and something else that was a misdemeanor and he got 90 house arrest, 30 days active and 18 months suspended and 2 years intensive probation. I may not be quite right on the suspended and probation...they may be the same times. I know once he is off probation is suspended sentence is up. Actually that should be coming up so he must have got 3 years probation because he got out of his 30 days active before I got meningitis which was in Oct 08. I know if he paid off his probation fines, they would release him early. I dont know how much more he owes though.

We have a crowded jail here though. Dont know how crowded your prison is. Anything over 6 months has to go to the state prison system. Under 6 can stay in county. Prison is actually better though. They can work, earn stuff...at least from what I have been told.
  6. Steely

Steely Active Member

Just wanted to say "HI" and tell you I am sorry! I don't know the whole history here - but I know it must all be difficult for you. On the bright side, maybe this will wake difficult child up. Sometimes that does happen - where reality just finally sets in.
  7. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Well can't say I blame you for not wanting the house arrest, should it happen, to be in your house! omg Nine months isn't too bad, considering what he could get I suppose. Holding good thoughts for him.

8. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Holding good thoughts that whatever happens works out to be the best in the long run. I don't blame you at all for insisting that house arrest NOT be done in your house!!! I wouldn't allow that either, unless it was for something that I knew for sure he hadn't done (like he had been with me at that time or I had heard people brag about setting him up, etc...).

9. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

I'm sorry for you, it must be very difficult to know your son will be going to prison. I also don't blame you for not wanting house arrest at your house.

10. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

I know this hurts, and I'm sorry. Part of me wants to say WOW...the other part of me in comparison to my own kid wants to say huh - is that all? And as far as house arrest? (NO COMMENT) - I mean, I have comments....sure, none of which I would share openly - you'd have to text me for those. Or call......or both. ISH.

Hugs & Love
  11. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

Hugs, sweetie... I swear, I do NOT blame you for not wanting him there for house arrest. He's an adult, right? Sigh.

At least they are looking at the big picture... Hoping for good stuff - for you - and a BIG WAKE UP CALL for him.
  12. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

Right now I"m taking a break from packing his stuff up. husband and I cleared it all out of his apartment but now I"m putting it all in plastic tubs so I can store it in the garage. I'm going to have a spare room again! I bought some bedding and a small rug for the room today. Woo hoo!!!
  13. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Stang, I just relized that I failed to post on your thread. Thought I had but guess not. Nothing new to say except, as always, I am hoping for the very best for you and your family. Hugs. DDD