difficult child had court yesterday

mstang67chic

Going Green
It wasn't the final sentencing like I thought but he did plead and the lawyer presented a plea agreement to the judge. The judge also asked difficult child if he had any history of mental illness and took information/history that the lawyer had assembled. The judge will take it all under advisement and rule/sentence at the end of February.

Assuming the plea agreement is accepted by the judge, difficult child will get 4 years, do 2 and also get credit for time served. With good behavior we think he'll wind up doing about 9 months after sentencing.

H

HaoZi

Yeah, that would take it off the table. I thought he was just accessory to those?

DammitJanet

Well...Cory plead guilty to three charges of uttering forged instruments and something else that was a misdemeanor and he got 90 house arrest, 30 days active and 18 months suspended and 2 years intensive probation. I may not be quite right on the suspended and probation...they may be the same times. I know once he is off probation is suspended sentence is up. Actually that should be coming up so he must have got 3 years probation because he got out of his 30 days active before I got meningitis which was in Oct 08. I know if he paid off his probation fines, they would release him early. I dont know how much more he owes though.

We have a crowded jail here though. Dont know how crowded your prison is. Anything over 6 months has to go to the state prison system. Under 6 can stay in county. Prison is actually better though. They can work, earn stuff...at least from what I have been told.

Steely

Just wanted to say "HI" and tell you I am sorry! I don't know the whole history here - but I know it must all be difficult for you. On the bright side, maybe this will wake difficult child up. Sometimes that does happen - where reality just finally sets in.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well can't say I blame you for not wanting the house arrest, should it happen, to be in your house! omg Nine months isn't too bad, considering what he could get I suppose. Holding good thoughts for him.

Hugs

susiestar

Roll With It
Holding good thoughts that whatever happens works out to be the best in the long run. I don't blame you at all for insisting that house arrest NOT be done in your house!!! I wouldn't allow that either, unless it was for something that I knew for sure he hadn't done (like he had been with me at that time or I had heard people brag about setting him up, etc...).

(((((hugs)))))

Nancy

I'm sorry for you, it must be very difficult to know your son will be going to prison. I also don't blame you for not wanting house arrest at your house.

Nancy

Star*

call 911........call 911
I know this hurts, and I'm sorry. Part of me wants to say WOW...the other part of me in comparison to my own kid wants to say huh - is that all? And as far as house arrest? (NO COMMENT) - I mean, I have comments....sure, none of which I would share openly - you'd have to text me for those. Or call......or both. ISH.

Hugs & Love
Star

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Hugs, sweetie... I swear, I do NOT blame you for not wanting him there for house arrest. He's an adult, right? Sigh.

At least they are looking at the big picture... Hoping for good stuff - for you - and a BIG WAKE UP CALL for him.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Right now I"m taking a break from packing his stuff up. husband and I cleared it all out of his apartment but now I"m putting it all in plastic tubs so I can store it in the garage. I'm going to have a spare room again! I bought some bedding and a small rug for the room today. Woo hoo!!!

DDD

Stang, I just relized that I failed to post on your thread. Thought I had but guess not. Nothing new to say except, as always, I am hoping for the very best for you and your family. Hugs. DDD