difficult child has a boyfriend

Nancy

We had to have our hardwood floor in the kitchen refinished because the freezer ice maker line leaked and warped the floor. The guys who repaired, sanded and refinished the floor were very nice and I ended up fixing my difficult child up with one of them and they are now dating. Before I did this I checked him out thoroughly through the owner of the company who verified that he was a great worker and very trustworthy. difficult child was over one day and saw him and remarked how cute he was and told me to get his phone number. I debated and finally decided to tell him she thought he was cute. He said he wanted to ask me for her number but didn't want to disrespect me. I thought that was very nice.

They have had several dates and she said he's the nicest guy she's ever met and is very happy. He has a four year old daughter he is raising since the mother did not want custody and he is doing a great job.

She told me today it is official that they are dating. Who would have ever thought I would fix up my difficult child with a guy and that she would like him!!!! The best part is he lives within walking distance of her and he owns his house.

Nancy

I forgot to mention that he was in my house every day for two weeks and I had a chance to talk to him a lot so I got a good sense of what kind of person he was. Had to laugh because when he first came he had some tatoos and I was a bit uneasy and had to leave the house everyday for about an hour to take easy child's dog out and even locked all the bedroom doors and made sure there was nothing valuable around. By the third day I didn't bother locking anything. He even asked if he could buy a can of pop from me that I had in the garage. Of course I said he could have it and I did not want any money and they should help themselves to all the pop they wanted.

Calamity Jane

Nancy, I think you're a great judge of character (one of the benefits of hearing years and years of difficult child b.s. every day!) and if you say he seems like a good guy, I'm sure he is - he sounds like he is very respectful. And cute. difficult child is lucky her mom is so observant!
Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match, find me a find, catch me a catch....:kickme:

StressedM0mma

Oh Nancy what wonderful news. Whenever I hear these type of updates, it gives me hope for my difficult child. It sounds as if she is continuing to do well.

Kathy813

Staff member
That's great, Nancy. I hope it turns out to be a good relationship for her. She seems like she is in a good place right now.

~Kathy

toughlovin

Oh Nancy that is good.... I hope it continues to go well... a good relationship can make a difference, hopefully she is in a place to do well with it.

TL

SuZir

That is great news! Hopefully this positive step will lead to next positive step and so on. Dating a person who has their act together can be an huge positive boost.

DDD

Exactly Suzir....one step at a time is true with relationships as well as addictions. I have my fingers crossed. LOL, Nancy, I would have loved to been a fly on the wall when you shared the story with your husband. DDD

Nancy

LOL DDD. I was afraid to tell him. When I told him I gave the guy difficult child's phone number he said "you did WHAT?" Of course he was not home every day while they were here working and just met them briefly on the first say and he saw the same tatoos I did and called several times that day to make sure when I left that everything was still here. Can you say we have had too much experience with missing things from our home? When I finally filled him in on all I found out about the guy he was OK. We both decided she wasn't doing very good in the guy picking dept so it can't hurt.

He has just enough of the bad boy persona with the tatoos that she likes but underneath he's a good person which we like.

rejectedmom

Hoping that even if he isn't "the" one for your difficult child she will at least learn that there are nice guys out there and what to look for in a mate. So happy she is doing well! -RM