difficult child has a boyfriend

in a daze

Maybe it will work out, Nancy...My nephew was a terrible difficult child. His parents are convinced that his girlfriend was a big factor in him turning it around. Fingers crossed for you!

susiestar

Roll With It
This is so sweet. I really hope that she has a period of sane happiness and healthy choices and learns to really enjoy a sane and healthy relationship. Sane-ish anyway (who am I to say? I married the man with the strangest mind I had ever met, like I said I was going to when I was four.)

Your post reminds me about the only thing I remember of some radio/talk show psychologist, Dr. Laura? Not sure why I watched her show, or why I remember this one thing. She said that people who are looking for spouses need to focus on spending time with those dates that your parents like and have a good feeling about. She said this was especially true for women because they are the backbone of the family and set the tone for relationships, esp between generational groups. Why not marry a guy if you think he's great and your mom detests him for you? Who else has a bigger investment in your happiness? Who else knows you the way your mom does? Who else is there for you no matter what, and who knows what is really important to you?

Something to think about.

Ephchap

Nancy, that is too cute ! I was thinking the same as RM - even if this doesn't end up being "the one", she'll realize there are good guys out there and that mom likes too. You'll have to keep us posted on how things go.

You matchmaker, you! lol.
Deb