difficult child has agreed to go to rehab

P

PatriotsGirl

They said they have partial hospitalization and a halfway house. The halfway house is almost six hundred a week!!!! We don't have that. I don't know what to do.

Nancy

That's insane. Look in the phone book for treatment centers. Our halfway house was $400 a month and was one of the best.

T

toughlovin

Do they have other recommendations for treatment places... I would push them to help you. $600 a week seems like a lot to me... and we have seen a range of sober houses. Gosh I am thinking of you right now... my hope is that this hiccup will show that she is determined to get help.

TL

Kathy813

Staff member
Nancy, I couldn't find any sober houses here in the metro Atlanta area that only cost $400 a month. I remember being jealous when you told me how much it cost. There are good ones for $1000 and up, though. Most require a stay in a rehab center first. One that my difficult child's DBT therapist really likes is $1600 a month but you have to be sober for a month first.

There are crisis centers here but I don't know where they are. My difficult child is at her DBT session right now but she knows where they are. When she gets home, I will find out and send PG a PM.

The so-called half-way house that difficult child found on her own was $575 a month but it turned out to be a flop house where there was lots of drugs and alcohol. Be very careful where you take her.

~Kathy

Nancy

The more I hear the more I'm glad I live in Ohio. We have some excellent sober houses here. We have their directors come and speak at our support group meetings all the time. They are not making a profit off people, they only cover expenses. Most of them are located in old warehouses or churches/convents that have been given to them for this purpose. We have a very close knit recovery group here. I'm sorry it isn't like that in other cities. Possibly we have more resources because AA was founded here.

Nancy

P

PatriotsGirl

We ended up going to the place she wanted to go to from the beginning. I got such a great vibe from everyone there. I cried, they cried sharing their experience with me. There was just so much love there. And everyone was happy. Happy to be sober, happy to be there. So she is in. It costs 145 a week, but you pay weekly. TheMinimum of six month commitment. The first 30 days they want her on lock down working on her steps and recovering. Then they will reevaluate and determine if she is ready to work a job. Once she is working, she will be contributing greatly to the cost, but of course we will help for a little while. I figure if I am still paying, it is because she is still there and thriving

I am here at the jail with her now upholding my end of the bargain.

But should be quite interesting. The other girlfriend is here to visit him, too...

Once visiting is over, I bring her to officially check in. They only allowed her to leave and come back because I swore she would be with me the entire time. I am hoping this visit gives her the closure she needs to concentrate on healing....

Nancy

Hallelujah. I like everything I've heard about the place. You did great today, I am so proud of you!

Nancy

FlowerGarden

I am so happy she is looking to get help and she was able to get into the place she wanted. Being in a place that they want to be in makes it better for them. Keeping my fingers crossed and sending hugs.

Kathy813

Staff member
I sent you a PM before I read your update. That is great news!! I like that they will keep her in lockdown at the beginning. She needs time to get sober and start thinking clearly before she moves on to the next step.

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Kathy

T

toughlovin

OH PG I am so glad...i assume you will check in with us once she is really there!

P

PatriotsGirl

Of course. :) the place is certainly no hotel or luxury of any kind, but it was the people there that really touched my heart. These are real people who were addicts. I didn't like the idea of going straight to sober living, but they seem pretty intensive and like I said, it was the people. I saw the love there and the love they had for difficult child already. They were so thrilled she came back. They said she looked completely broken when she left last time because we would not consider it. I kick myself for not checking it out earlier. husband was not thrilled with the cost. We had to tell her if she leaves without completing the program, there is absolutely nothing more we can do. I told her in front of intake that this is it. This was her shot and if she throws it away, not to call us...

She is still in there at visitation and so is the other woman!! I am dying to know how that is going over...are they visiting together?? Taking turns?? Oh my...

P

PatriotsGirl

She was able to get right in because she detoxed already. She last used nine days ago. She looks healthier today than she has in a long time and she could even tell the difference looking in the mirror. I told her it can only get better from here...

She will be in several meetings a day, pop drug tests and mandatory drug tests once they return from any outing (once she earns passes that is)...they may even pop her with one when we get back. :)

Calamity Jane

Wow - she really detoxed herself - that's amazing. I don't know how she is holding her emotions together between the placement today and the a-hole visit. Get her back there as fast as you can!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
You did it! This is wonderful news. I've been thinking about you all day and I am so happy to hear this. Please keep us posted. We are all rootin' for difficult child!

Nancy

What I found here was that most places think of detox far differently than I ever did, a few days off the substance and in you go. If you are not detoxed they make you go to a detox unit for 3 days. That doesn't mean the urges are gone or that the addict is not suffering some effects, but they consider you detoxed. What impressed me so much about my difficult child's sober house was the people also. It was housed in an old convent in a very poor part of town but the women there were happy and so accepting and caring for each other. It's that kind of atmosphere that is most successful, you get sober with each other's help.

I'm very hopeful for your difficult child. Aren't visitng hours over soon?

Nancy

P

PatriotsGirl

difficult child is safely tucked away in rehab/sober living. Now momma can get some sleep. Thank you all!!! I love you!! Have more to update but soooo tired right now...