difficult child has Cold/Cough... behaving well when sick...

MICHL

difficult child is currently suffering a cold/cough, but his behavior is so good during this time, compliant, and he did a lot of reading... wish his behavior was like that more often..

jal

My difficult child started with-a cough on Fri and ran a fever through Sun am. He was the most polite, quiet agreeable child all weekend. He is 7 and its the first time he's had a fever in almost 4 yrs. Even took him for a haircut and he was a perfect angel. It's the first time I've directly seen the effect of him having a fever and his out of the ordinary "perfect" behavior.

MICHL

difficult child has no fever. He has a bad cough & cold, is congested. He is getting a little better today. The upside is his behavior is nicer and is off school this week, and that makes it easier on everyone.

DammitJanet

I always knew my kids were sick because they got quiet and sat still. If they were on the couch and laying down for more than an hour, it was time for a trip to the doctor...lol.

TerryJ2

Michelle, wecome to the Bad Mom Club, where moms of spec needs kids (especially ADHD) rejoice when their kids get sick, LOL! Well, just a little bit sick.
I hear you!
I hope he feels better soon and that in the meantime, you enjoy your quiet time together.
Here's some vitamin C ...

Wiped Out

Staff member
It's also how we know when difficult child is really sick (usually it means running a fever)-it's the only time that he is so peaceful.