difficult child has court today

JKF

Today is difficult child's disposition hearing for his criminal theft charges. I haven't really talked to him much in the last couple of weeks because he has no phone and was kicked out of the public library for hacking into their computer system so I can't contact him via Facebook or email anymore. In a way that's good but it's also hard to have no contact at all. Sigh. I hope everything turns out ok and that he's ordered to get some kind of mental health treatment. Keeping my fingers crossed.

DDD

Sending supportive thoughts your way. Hoping he manages to show up in Court on time and that the outcome is positive and helpful to his future. I cringe when I drive by the Courthouse....to many trips there, for sure. Hugs DDD

JKF

Thanks for the support and good vibes! I haven't heard from him yet. Court started at 8:45 am this morning so I'm assuming he's done by now! I hate the not knowing the most! Im worried and anxious right now and I don't like it one bit! husband is on a business trip to Ohio until tomorrow night (maybe even longer bc we're expecting more snow tomorrow) so I don't have him here for moral support. I guess I'll go grab the vacuum and get rid of all of the dust bunnies lurking under the beds and furniture. Maybe some mindless busy work like that will help me relax a little and stop worrying so much!

JKF

Well I never heard from difficult child yesterday so I'm not sure how things went. He has his Jury Trial on the 20th but yesterday was the disposition so I'm not sure if an agreement was reached or if he's going to trial next week. I wish I knew what was going on but I don't so I'm going to get ready for work and try to have a good day. husband comes home from Ohio tonight and tomorrow is Valentine's Day followed by a 4 day weekend for President's Day and a easy child/difficult child free night on Saturday!! So at least there are some positive things to look forward to instead of obsessing over difficult child's court date. Still wish I knew though! lol

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Uncertainty is tough, however, not knowing can be a blessing...............have a terrific 4 day weekend and every time you begin to worry, say the serenity prayer or think of something you're grateful for, change the thought pattern, go enjoy your long weekend!

DDD

The Court calendar is public record around here so the Clerk of the Courts office should be able to tell you if he's scheduled for a particular date. Have a great weekend. DDD

JKF

The Court calendar is public record around here so the Clerk of the Courts office should be able to tell you if he's scheduled for a particular date. Have a great weekend. DDD

It is public record but they haven't updated it yet. It shows the disposition was scheduled for yesterday and the jury trial is on the 20th but there's no new information. It says online that it can take up to 72 hours for them to update records. Sigh.

I hope you get some info soon. What about the person at the home he was staying at? Would she know anything? The waiting is hard but it sounds like you have some fun to look forward to this weekend.