difficult child has psychiatrist appointment.

StressedM0mma

She has psychiatrist appointment this morning, and I am going to be unable to make it because I have my first therapist appointment at the same time. I am just hoping that husband is able to get through to psychiatrist. She doesn't listen to us often times. So fingers crossed that things go well at the psychiatrists and at the tdocs for me. I just want things to begin to settle so that easy child can and will want to come home.

pepperidge

I hope it goes well and that you find a great therapist for you. If difficult child does end up on a mood stabilizer it may take weeks before you see any results.

buddy

I hope YOUR therapist appointment goes well. Will be checking in to see how things went on both fronts. Did she get off to the program ok today?

StressedM0mma

Ok, both of our appts. went pretty well. I really like my therapist. Not much was accomplished today since it was the first appointment. but we seemed to click so that is good. difficult child's psychiatrist appointment.went very well husband said. The psychiatrist only met with husband. She said that she would meet with difficult child during the PHP time. She did prescribe Abilify 5mg for her to start taking tonight. And she is going to tell difficult child the she has to start taking melatonin at night. So, hopefully the abilify along with the celexa will help balance her out some. The psychiatrist told husband that difficult child is making good progress in the program even though we are not necessarily seeing it at home. When difficult child first started she would not make eye contact and only gave one word answers. I guess now she is participating, looking people in the eye, and talking. I do not know why they did not tell us this sooner. It would be nice to have updates. psychiatrist did say they noticed the biggest change after husband called the police and they had a talk with her before she went the other morning.
Please let this be the beginning to our walk to the other side of this.

zaftigmama

I don't want to scare you, but I'd be prepared for the Abilify to make things worse. For me, SSRI + Abilify = first full-blown manic episode. You've told psychiatrist you suspect bipolar disorder?

StressedM0mma

Yeah. She doesn't feel that difficult child is full blown bipolar. That while she has the rapid cycles, and the lows, her highs are not very high. That she doesn't display the risky behaviors or the grandiose thoughts. We will see. I will keep an eye out, but am still hoping that this will be the thing for difficult child.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
The psychiatrist told husband that difficult child is making good progress in the program even though we are not necessarily seeing it at home.

Ahem... I am so sorry, but... This jumped out of my monitor and slapped me. If she is not making any progress at home? She's snowing them. Manipulating them into believing that she's learned and will be okay. Same thing with progress after the cop call - if that didn't change her home behavior (and a couple of days isn't enough to know for sure in any event)... Yeah.

Onyxx is doing this at her Residential Treatment Center (RTC) right now. And I'm terrified that they're going to release her and we will be back to the same old same.

buddy

For someone who is new to a program, therapy etc.... wouldn't the progress begin in the program though?